PO Soon: ††† (Crosses) - Goodnight, God Bless, I Love U, Delete (10/13/23)

Kanellos

I think a 2xLP that cheap is more rare than the norm these days especially with these bigger labels. Indie labels don't gouge as much so you'll see them cheaper. I mean I have been seeing bigger artists selling single LPs for almost $40 now

I mean just quickly going through a record stores list of 2xLPs in stock they're more closer to $40 than $22

spacer.png

Edited by JohnMatrix

I guess that's why it's important to draw a line in the sand and vote with your wallet.  Because that shit's a slippery slope.  We can balk at Chino and the gang asking $75 + shipping for a double LP with a folded poster, and assume it's just an outrageous exception that surely wouldn't become the norm.

But inevitably, a few more artists and labels will get inspired to follow suit.

And before you know it, 2024 rolls around and it's "welllll it's not $90 for a double LP, so $50 is much more reasonable.  Seems normal for today's economic climate."

The technology behind a vinyl record and how it's played isn't improving.  The packaging nor presentation are being reinvented to justify these prices.  And press quality is more hit-and-miss than ever, especially as pressing plants continue to scramble to meet demand.  There should be no real reason that prices are inflating this bad.  Straight up.  It's greed, and too many people are game to comply in an effort to prove their fandom or avoid missing out [😨] and paying resale prices.  Labels know this.  I imagine that in the history of vinyl production, profit margins have never been fatter than they are right now, for any artists getting away with $40-70+ for a single LP / double LP.

I just think it's a dangerous game to play.  At what point do we call it?  When a double LP is $50 on average?  $60?  $70?

frog.boiling-pot-1.jpg?w=521&h=293

Oh I am definitely in agreement with that it should NOT be $40 for a 2XLP. I was just saying going by today's pricing $40 is about what most larger labels are going to charge you. I wouldn't go too much higher than $40 personally either and if it starts getting to where $50-$60 becomes the norm I will surely tap out

The COVID hobby idiots are ruining it for everyone. In the new vinyl releases group a bunch of clique morons keep saying a $30 12" with 18 minutes of music is totally fine. Then they double down and say "oh aftermarket is $50 so this is good." Meanwhile someone replied with the new Pure Noise EPs on a 12" for $18 and we're sitting there like, you wanna keep making this point??? And they do. $30 single LPs are so exhausting and sadly becoming the norm and pushing me out. I'd much rather have money for anything else than a fucking $30 LP or a $40 2xLP.

Edit: sorry if this was unhinged or random it's just been annoying me a lot the past day.

Edited by N8TRU

10 hours ago, hype3 said:

Regular black and indie "black ice" coming https://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&product_id=101609

spacer.png

Nah fuck that! I'd rather spend more than twice that amount to insure I get a small folded poster that'll stay in the sleeve forever and an additional insert that will also stay in the sleeve forever.  I bet they didn't even stamp the insert with gold foil!