Drive-Thru 26 teaser....

1 hour ago, nate_8907 said:

fwiw, I just ordered a $10 LP from their website and it came inside a standard whiplash, inside an oversized 4" mailer with heavy bubble wrap.  Some of the best shipping outside of Acoustic Sounds.

Good to know, I was hestiant because I know they aren't a "record store" and wasn't sure if it was going to be packaged okay. However, I went with the tri-color, couldn't make up my mind because all these looked great. I don't care about numbers knowing they had the lowest amount, but good to know for future variants.

3 hours ago, veggiecorecords said:

I missed the UO variant, was on the fence because I own an OG...will likely wait this out to see if I can get it on sale down the line. Trying to not make unnecessary purchases at the moment, easier said than done. 

3 hours ago, Justinadamk said:

Have an OG and I know it sounds bad, but don't play it enough to warrant re-spending on it, especially with no new songs or new artwork. 

Dudes, the OG sounds TERRIBLE. And people want to pay lots of money for it anyway! Sell the OG and buy a repress, then you can actually enjoy the music on the record. Win-win.

• 3 weeks later...

I want the EPs, I used to have the box that was stained and hand made with the 10” records inside but I sold that to someone on here who then claimed to not have received it but I’m pretty sure she was lying because she later ghosted me after I sent a pretty nice secret Santa package. 

not sure if this is widely known, but Parting Gift Records / Take This To Heart is behind the manufacturing of all these Drive-Thru reissues. the reason you all are paying a premium is because they are behind the scenes, putting out low quality reissues while gouging all of you on shipping. I grew up loving Drive Thru more than anything, but I cannot justify picking any of these up

2 hours ago, Daiei said:

11 EST = 6 HST

Only the most limited were sold out, I guess thats to be expected.

Still got a variant of each though, I'm good!

The /150 Acoustic EP went pretty fast.  I was on a few min after they went up and it was gone.  Grabbed a splat 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, 1876records said:

not sure if this is widely known, but Parting Gift Records / Take This To Heart is behind the manufacturing of all these Drive-Thru reissues. the reason you all are paying a premium is because they are behind the scenes, putting out low quality reissues while gouging all of you on shipping. I grew up loving Drive Thru more than anything, but I cannot justify picking any of these up

This.  I picked up a first press of Finch’s WIITB from Parting Gift today and the shipping was $11+ 😡 I’d say these reissues are mid-quality.  Certainly not audiophile or heavy duty jackets, but I’ve heard worse and they even throw in inserts!  I remember when those came standard with LPs.

9 hours ago, 1876records said:

Yea these prices are getting nuts, I couldn't do it... Will wait a few year when the vinyl craze goes down again haha. The nice thing is when that comes barely anyone actually plays them so will be good as new haha