PO NOW: Blink 182 - One MoreTime (out 10/20/23)

7 hours ago, porkdad said:

Neighborhoods is a detailed and creative album cover. The trifold packaging is really cool. The untitled album introduced a completely new logo that people get tattooed on themselves. Not seeing your argument at all besides Nine or Dogs Eating Dogs.

I'll stand corrected and say that the art was fine up until California. But I'll die on the hill that their album titles have been made up on the spot for 20 years.

6 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

To preface: I'm an addict for dramatics...

"One More Time" got me feeling some kind of way. Seeing them revisit all those videos and knowing every single one, coupled with the lyrics (and not to mention a great song to boot), was just really touching. Also, is that Travis singing too????? Very cool. "More Than You Know" was giving me strong self-titled vibes and I'm all here for it. 

IMO, these are miles ahead from "Edging", and man am I glad. Cant wait for October 20th!! 

Edited by ethanpricington

Probably gonna get a lot of hate for this but I feel like people will back any new Blink stuff regardless of how underwhelming it is just because it's back to Mark, Tom and Travis... "Edging" was pretty cringeworthy to say the least and both new songs they released today aren't anything special to write home about, though both are lightyears ahead of the first single, that's for sure... I feel like Blink kinda fell off after TOYPAJ, but that's just my shitty opinion 💁‍♂️ Wish that was the Blink we were getting back after this many years later - but it doesn't appear so :(

9 minutes ago, lungfutang said:

Probably gonna get a lot of hate for this

Well at least you're prepared

9 minutes ago, lungfutang said:

I feel like people will back any new Blink stuff regardless of how underwhelming it is just because it's back to Mark, Tom and Travis... 

This is probably true to a certain extent. But I honestly don't think I see a lot of that here. I could be wrong tho

10 minutes ago, lungfutang said:

"Edging" was pretty cringeworthy to say the least and both new songs they released today aren't anything special to write home about, though both are lightyears ahead of the first single, that's for sure... I feel like Blink kinda fell off after TOYPAJ

I'd agree "Edging" was not my favorite and I was pretty skeptical about the eventual album at the time because of that single. But "One More Time" and "More Than You Know" are both great tracks. Are they on the level as freaking "Rock Show" or "Stay Together For the Kids"? Of course not. I'd think most here don't expect blink from 2001 ever again. But we'll make do with glimpses of 2003 blink...

1 hour ago, JohnMatrix said:

All 3 songs have been A+ so far. I am different from you guys that Edging has been my favorite of the 3

Agreed. Seeing Edging live, it just fits perfectly with all their other singles and was great in the live show. One More Time is a nostalgia kick and I like it, but not in love with it. More Than You Know did nothing for me after a few listens. Maybe I’ll like it more in context of the full album, we’ll see. Also, not a fan of some of the vocal effects going on in these songs, but I’ve come to expect it now from blink.

While I’m stoked Tom is back, I still wish we could have seen one more album with them actually utilizing Skiba to his full extent. 

4 hours ago, lungfutang said:

Probably gonna get a lot of hate for this but I feel like people will back any new Blink stuff regardless of how underwhelming it is just because it's back to Mark, Tom and Travis... "Edging" was pretty cringeworthy to say the least and both new songs they released today aren't anything special to write home about, though both are lightyears ahead of the first single, that's for sure... I feel like Blink kinda fell off after TOYPAJ, but that's just my shitty opinion 💁‍♂️ Wish that was the Blink we were getting back after this many years later - but it doesn't appear so :(

This! I mean this band hasn't done anything better than medicore for 20 years now, so it's not really a surprise. What is really surprising though that everyone around the internet love these songs regardless how bad they are. Gotta be good for being in the band that you can do whatever you want (can?) people will love it because hey Tom is back.

I mean one more time is sure has this nostalgic vibe but a tiktokker with 5 followers would replicate this better outcome and probably they spent shitload of money on this while the music video looks like shit. The song idea and lyrics are cool though.

Edging is cringe especially from people almost 50.

The 3rd one is the only promising one, but seriously how bad poor Mark sounds in it?  I mean he is the best for kicking cancer's ass, and probably it took it's tow so not bashing him. This is the best of the 3 with st vibes but way too low quality altogether to revisit at all. 

I kinda envy you guys that you can be as excited for your childhood heroes' new music, I lost this ability with age sadly.

Edited by xfactor675

6 hours ago, lungfutang said:

The sad truth is we're never getting that band back. That band ended when Jerry Finn died. He was essentially a fourth member during their golden age.

And as probably one of the more cynical assholes on here, yeah Edging sucks. It would be like using "Built This Pool" as the first single of California. But these two are pretty good. You're never going to feel the same magic their late 90s/early 00s music gave to you when you were a teenager, you've grown as have they.

15 hours ago, ethanpricington said:

To preface: I'm an addict for dramatics...

"One More Time" got me feeling some kind of way. Seeing them revisit all those videos and knowing every single one, coupled with the lyrics (and not to mention a great song to boot), was just really touching. Also, is that Travis singing too????? Very cool. "More Than You Know" was giving me strong self-titled vibes and I'm all here for it. 

IMO, these are miles ahead from "Edging", and man am I glad. Cant wait for October 20th!! 

Travis's drums on More Than You Know are super rad. Seems like he's venturing out of his typical style. OG Blink getting back together is the only rad thing that's happened to the world in the last 7 years 😅

Also who's selling that clear/red swirl variant, Target? 

Edit: NVM, see it was on their official site and is now sold out.

If anyone is gunning for the indie variant you can pre-order it from Amoeba and use code 'SEP15' to get 15% off. Takes to $34 and some change shipped.

https://www.amoeba.com/one-more-time-coke-bottle-clear-vinyl-lp-blink-182/albums/4343595/

6 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

This! I mean this band hasn't done anything better than medicore for 20 years now, so it's not really a surprise. What is really surprising though that everyone around the internet love these songs regardless how bad they are. Gotta be good for being in the band that you can do whatever you want (can?) people will love it because hey Tom is back.

I mean one more time is sure has this nostalgic vibe but a tiktokker with 5 followers would replicate this better outcome and probably they spent shitload of money on this while the music video looks like shit. The song idea and lyrics are cool though.

Edging is cringe especially from people almost 50.

The 3rd one is the only promising one, but seriously how bad poor Mark sounds in it?  I mean he is the best for kicking cancer's ass, and probably it took it's tow so not bashing him. This is the best of the 3 with st vibes but way too low quality altogether to revisit at all. 

I kinda envy you guys that you can be as excited for your childhood heroes' new music, I lost this ability with age sadly.

I don't think its a a case of loving these songs just for nostalgia or because Tom is back. I genuinely think tons of people who grew up loving their music have also grown with their progression and just love and appreciate what they write. I went through a period when I was a bit younger when I thought I was too old or cool to like them anymore but after a while I just said fuck that. Who cares. I like all of their shit and I'm ok with that

12 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Travis's drums on More Than You Know are super rad. Seems like he's venturing out of his typical style. OG Blink getting back together is the only rad thing that's happened to the world in the last 7 years 😅

Also who's selling that clear/red swirl variant, Target? 

Edit: NVM, see it was on their official site and is now sold out.

If anyone is gunning for the indie variant you can pre-order it from Amoeba and use code 'SEP15' to get 15% off. Takes to $34 and some change shipped.

https://www.amoeba.com/one-more-time-coke-bottle-clear-vinyl-lp-blink-182/albums/4343595/

restocked: https://blink182merch.com/products/one-more-time-exclusive-red-marble-vinyl

I originally only snagged the Spotify variant. But when I saw they put back up the Mark, Tom, and Travis variants, I had to snag at least one of them, and the Mark variant seemed the best of the three. I also grabbed the egg, because it seemed pretty cool. But what isn’t cool is spending over $80 on two records. Ugh. 

Edited by beardacus

From the Summer of 1996 through 1997 the only song I knew by them was Waggy and I played that song daily.    Been hooked ever since.  

I'm not expecting an unbelievable album but I know I'll love quite a few tunes.  Those two guys just sound good together man.