The Bronx (I) Repress - 2023

7 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

$50?!?

spacer.png

I bought the red / white / blue as I don't mind paying a little extra to support the band and this is my most wanted record.  The main bronx site has links to the different region's releases. 

Variant breakdown

1000 Glow in the mofo Dark - USA

1000 Red/White/Blue - USA

666 Black in White - Australia

666 Blood Cloud - UK

666 Flesh Orange Twister - Europe

Edited by rhythmgtr5

26 minutes ago, rhythmgtr5 said:

spacer.png

I bought the red / white / blue as I don't mind paying a little extra to support the band and this is my most wanted record.  The main bronx site has links to the different region's releases. 

Variant breakdown

1000 Glow in the mofo Dark - USA

1000 Red/White/Blue - USA

666 Black in White - Australia

666 Blood Cloud - UK

666 Flesh Orange Twister - Europe

Same here ! One of the most wanted records. Bought the Flesh Orange. 

13 minutes ago, mitchard said:

I really want this, but I don't $50 because there is a book want this. :(

And a gatefold!!!! I'm starting to wonder if they may have nixed the boxset that was supposed to come out when they realized they could charge this much for each individual release on multiple variants.

Edited by zuck

If I recall correctly when the reissues went out in like 2018 they were $50 each then also... Bronx has always charged this for their vinyl. As a tick in their corner I believe they own the rights to all their music now and at least the record companies aren't getting any of the loots... if that makes you feel better/

14 minutes ago, Purple Buffalo said:

If I recall correctly when the reissues went out in like 2018 they were $50 each then also... Bronx has always charged this for their vinyl. As a tick in their corner I believe they own the rights to all their music now and at least the record companies aren't getting any of the loots... if that makes you feel better/

Were they!? I remember them being pretty expensive, but I didn't think they were $50. Im glad the money actually goes to the band, so get yours, I guess.

Edited by zuck

20 minutes ago, Purple Buffalo said:

By that logic, shouldn't they be charging less if they're not splitting the profits with a label?  I don't care either way, just a curiosity.

11 minutes ago, zuck said:

Were they!? I remember them being pretty expensive, but I didn't think they were $50. Im glad the money actually goes to the band, so get yours, I guess.

I read something, maybe an instagram story that said they now owned the rights to everything Bronx and Mariachi related and they were becoming available on all streaming. 

Can’t believe I just bought this, but I’ve been wanting it for a very very long time. Missed out on the 2018 repress and don’t wanna miss out again. Got the tri variant. I’m hoping their glow in the dark sounds good; never cared for those cause of sound issues. I do wish they had a regular black variant, but oh well. 

I think they released a photobook around the time Bronx I was released and it was about $30. 

If they use the same pictures from that book you pay for the vinyl/book so that's still a reasonable price. (justifying my purchase) 

There was a pic from Matt puking in that book, so that's how I know if they use those pictures haha. 

I though that announced they owned the Mariachi El Bronx rights, not everything. Call me crazy?

The reissues in 2018 were $30 or maybe $35? Not $50. That is pretty gross for a single LP but with a book and better packaging in 2023, I guess I can see it. I bought it anyway, so I’m part of the problem!

• 4 months later...