PO: Green Day- Saviors (1/19/24)

• SaulManella changed the title to PO: Green Day- Saviors (1/19/24)

2 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

Ordered. Not amazed by the single, but I’ll cancel later if I don’t like the next single or two. 

Fuck it. I canceled. Given I haven’t liked anything in almost 20 years of theirs I’m just gonna stream if I like it. Especially if they have more box sets for older stuff if the works I’d rather my money go towards that. 

Ordered from 1234go. Then I heard the song. I appreciate the sentiment of the lyrics and the video (to a degree), but what an absolute dogshit song (no offense if you like it, I was really hoping to). 

I genuinely miss liking Green Day songs. 

Maybe this will be an outlier and the rest will be awesome 🤞

4 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Ordered from 1234go. Then I heard the song. I appreciate the sentiment of the lyrics and the video (to a degree), but what an absolute dogshit song (no offense if you like it, I was really hoping to). 

I genuinely miss liking Green Day songs. 

Maybe this will be an outlier and the rest will be awesome 🤞

My guy.

Your optimism is appreciated, but what in the last 25 years leads you to believe that might be the case?

9 hours ago, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

My guy.

Your optimism is appreciated, but what in the last 25 years leads you to believe that might be the case?

Literally nothing. I mean I saw them and blink on that one tour like 22 years ago and was impressed with their performance, so maybe that left a little spark. I kinda like Warning. I'm reaching here, but hopeful.

16 hours ago, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

My guy.

American Idiot was pretty good and I though universally liked.  But I agree with the sentiment of the last decade of releases have not been great.

58 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

American Idiot was pretty good and I though universally liked.  But I agree with the sentiment of the last decade of releases have not been great.

I guess a lot of people dig American Idiot, but for whatever reason it doesn't do it for me. Even still that came out like...20+ years ago, right?

2 hours ago, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

I guess a lot of people dig American Idiot, but for whatever reason it doesn't do it for me. Even still that came out like...20+ years ago, right?

It was released 19 years ago (plus like 3 years of touring).  But yeah I would agree on anything good after that being hard to find.

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

It was released 19 years ago (plus like 3 years of touring).  But yeah I would agree on anything good after that being hard to find.

Ah, ok. Thought it came out in 2002 or 2003. Warning forward was just way too polished sounding for me. There are a couple bangers and a couple decent songs throughout the next few albums but meh. I don't need to buy a full record for one or two good songs. Running out of space!