PO: Green Day- Saviors (1/19/24)

32 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Attn: Green Day are now 4/4 on pre-release singles! A stellar return to form for the best punk band of all time.

You mean you know that they have planned to release 4 singles pre-album?  In this case they are for sure 4/4, otherwise the tracks are god-awful like everything for 20 years now, sadly.

That pink cover they just released should be banned.

13 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

You mean you know that they have planned to release 4 singles pre-album?  In this case they are for sure 4/4, otherwise the tracks are god-awful like everything for 20 years now, sadly.

That pink cover they just released should be banned.

All 4 singles have been good. I’ve been a fan for 30 years, through many highs and (a few) lows. If you think they’ve been “god-awful” for 20 years, why are you here commenting? Go take your negativity elsewhere and let the fans celebrate this most welcome return to form.

19 minutes ago, Green Day said:

All 4 singles have been good. I’ve been a fan for 30 years, through many highs and (a few) lows. If you think they’ve been “god-awful” for 20 years, why are you here commenting? Go take your negativity elsewhere and let the fans celebrate this most welcome return to form.

If you are listening to them for 30 years you should be well over the fanboy-phase age-group therefore you can well realise that these new songs can't touch anything from the nineties and anything even on american idiot. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to be blind and/or deaf... This one eyed bastard song is pure garbage from the pink rip-off riff to the lazy-ass chorus with the worst flavors of holiday. And this goes for the other songs too except "ma" as well. 

Green day was my favorite band growing up , based on your idea only people who think something's good can commment on the dedicated topic?

Also you are kinda in the minority here, no pun intended...

Edited by xfactor675

1 hour ago, xfactor675 said:

If you are listening to them for 30 years you should be well over the fanboy-phase age-group therefore you can well realise that these new songs can't touch anything from the nineties and anything even on american idiot. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to be blind and/or deaf... This one eyed bastard song is pure garbage from the pink rip-off riff to the lazy-ass chorus with the worst flavors of holiday. And this goes for the other songs too except "ma" as well. 

Green day was my favorite band growing up , based on your idea only people who think something's good can commment on the dedicated topic?

Nah I been listening to Green Day since the 90s these tunes are pretty good. 

3 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

Just because these songs are not on the level of AI or anything prior (although I think it’s debatable for some) does not mean they are garbage or whatever you want to call it.  And One Eyed Bastard is intentionally goofy but also a very fun and catchy song.

2 hours ago, unravelled said:

Father of all MFs was a legit return to form while still being new territory for Green Day. 

I know I'm in the minority but that was their best release by a mile since AI. 

This is a certified HOT take. I strongly disagree with it, but my choice would be the trilogy which I know is also in the minority.

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly like the new album. It’s better than I thought it would be. It’s not amazing by any means (I still hate the opener and will probably always skip it), but it’s fun and their best since AI. Also got a ticket for the Dookie / AI show. A little expensive, but with a gift card I couldn’t pass up hearing Dookie in full.