What video games have you been playing?

I beat Rise of The Tomb Raider yesterday. It was really damn fun, but the story was no where near as good as the first. The game play tweaks were nice, but some of them were annoying. The arrows for climbing were buggy for me, sometimes I'd miss them and fall to my death for no reason. I still thoroughly enjoyed it, but it was too easy. Survivor was a joke, only had problems on one fight, and the final boss battle was way way too easy. Going to try to clean up some achievements before moving onto another game. No clue what to pick up next. Might try Final Fantasy Type-0.

I beat Rise of The Tomb Raider yesterday. It was really damn fun, but the story was no where near as good as the first. The game play tweaks were nice, but some of them were annoying. The arrows for climbing were buggy for me, sometimes I'd miss them and fall to my death for no reason. I still thoroughly enjoyed it, but it was too easy. Survivor was a joke, only had problems on one fight, and the final boss battle was way way too easy. Going to try to clean up some achievements before moving onto another game. No clue what to pick up next. Might try Final Fantasy Type-0.

Yea it wasn't particularly hard, but fun none the less. The first DLC looks pretty cool.

I didn't see the DLC, I'll have to look. I expected at least the deathless to be hard, given their name, they were just annoying with their aimbot shit with those greek fire arrows.

Maybe this dude deserves the hype but I was thinking "why are they blowing this dude with his name all over the credits of every cutscene?" as I started playing MGS 5

Credits belong at the very beginning or end of a game. No one really gives a shit inbetween.

It was supposed to be like a TV show. I agree that it was annoying but that's the reasoning behind it. If any game dev deserves the hype it's Kojima.

Not to mention it was also a final "Fuck you" to a company that removed his name and studio from the box art and all marketing materials. 

Kojima credits in MGSV were a nod to a lot of things and a clever thing to implement, imo. Haven't played V in a bit though (logged around 200hrs singleplayer and 50hrs online but grew frustrated with the actual phantom pain and had to put it down for a while)-- recently started playing Kingdom Hearts 1.5 -FINAL MIX-; first time playing through it since the initial release during my adolescence.

Initially I began on Proud difficulty under the assumption my decade-old familiarity with the series would translate--I was mistaken. Made it to the first boss before I realized I was playing Kingdom Souls and not KH; playing through on Final Mix difficulty now. But anyway, really enjoying the replay.   

I need to go back to playing Fallout. I did what I typically do with Bethesda games.. Got really excited when it came out, played like 50 hours straight and hardly touched the actual storyline, then got sidetracked by a bunch of other shit and left it sit in the console for a couple weeks.

Maybe that'll be my Christmas eve plan tomorrow

I'm about an hour into Undertale. Liking it so far! 

Undertale is amazing. 100% lived up to the hype for me. I don't think I could bring myself to do a genocide run because I'm a weak baby and can't disassociate from it even though it's fictional, guess that's just telling of how likable the characters are though.

Currently taking a break from Persona 4 to replay Tales Of Vesperia. I underestimated how much I love it the first time around.

Currently taking a break from Persona 4 to replay Tales Of Vesperia. I underestimated how much I love it the first time around.

ToV is amazing, but P4 is better IMO. P3 and P4 are two of my favorite RPGs of all time. I did sink a ton of time in Vesperia, doing all the optional stuff and loved it. I was missing one damn title for the bunny guild achievement before I gave up. The optional monsters are a lot of fun.

ToV is amazing, but P4 is better IMO. P3 and P4 are two of my favorite RPGs of all time. I did sink a ton of time in Vesperia, doing all the optional stuff and loved it. I was missing one damn title for the bunny guild achievement before I gave up. The optional monsters are a lot of fun.

I think the first time I played it I felt like the story was kinda lacking since I played it after engrossing myself in Symphonia and Abyss but this time around without comparing it (Estelle's vapid "wow gosh I don't know who I am what should I do hmm I dunno decisions are hard" bullshit aside) it stands up really well. I know the whole story for P4 including Golden so I definitely agree with you that as far as that's concerned it's amazing, just gotta do my own playthrough finally instead of watching friends play and the animations haha.

Never played a Tales game but I've heard good things about them. P3+P4 are some of the best RPGs of that generation though. Speaking of which, I heard p5 will be on ps3 as well as ps4 for those who haven't been able to upgrade yet; is that true? 

Can't recommend them enough, if you want a recommendation for a good point to jump in, Tales Of The Abyss has one of my favorite stories and once you get a solid grasp on the battle system further into the game it gets insanely fun. The DS version is probably a lot easier to find than a PS2 copy though. Also, it says on Atlus' site that P5 will be available for both!

I forgot P5 was already announced, and close to release. I really regret buying an Xbox One now. I wonder how much I can get in trade for it now? Maybe I'll sell it and grab a PS4, since it looks like my friend is not going to buy one any time soon.

I forgot P5 was already announced, and close to release. I really regret buying an Xbox One now. I wonder how much I can get in trade for it now? Maybe I'll sell it and grab a PS4, since it looks like my friend is not going to buy one any time soon.

Gamestop will give you $200 trade credit for your xbox one. This weekend only they have a BOGO deal on all pre-owned products including consoles. Theoretically you could trade in your xbox one then buy a used ps4 for $320 and get ANOTHER free xbox one in return thanks to the BOGO deal, all for $120. 

Gamestop will give you $200 trade credit for your xbox one. This weekend only they have a BOGO deal on all pre-owned products including consoles. Theoretically you could trade in your xbox one then buy a used ps4 for $320 and get ANOTHER free xbox one in return thanks to the BOGO deal, all for $120.

It's b2g1 not BOGO, GameStop doesn't give shit away that easily.

Do I want to buy the Master Chief collection, or Gears of War Ultimate Edition?

Master Chief ultimately has the most replay-ability, especially with rumors that Reach and ODST will eventually be added to it. Going through the campaigns on legendary on co-op is both frustrating and a blast. Never been too much of a fan of GOW.

Master Chief ultimately has the most replay-ability, especially with rumors that Reach and ODST will eventually be added to it. Going through the campaigns on legendary on co-op is both frustrating and a blast. Never been too much of a fan of GOW.

ODST has already been added for a while. And Reach is now backwards compatible.