What books are you reading?

I just finished Killing Pablo by Mark Bowden. Really good.  And apparently one of the members of the Colombian drug trade just died in prison.

Now I've decided to go back through the Harry Potter books and alternating with All You Need To Know About the Music Business by Donald Passman.  Hope to finish these by 2017.

Just started Ready Player One. One of my favorite books so far. Cant put it down.

I read that last month, it was an extremely fun read.  It'd recommend it to anyone who grew up in or enjoys 80s culture.

I'm reading the 4th Harry Potter book, missed out on them completely and now I'm slowly playing catch up.

I've got a $50 gift card for B&N. Going to pick up Miss Lonelyhearts and replace my copy of Nausea that my dog pissed on, but I'm still thinking about the second half of my purchase. 

Anyone here read Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn? I hear good things about it and I'm trying to diversify my reading. Don't know too many current authors who are putting out good material. A fourth recommendation would be great too. Maybe Laughter In The Dark as mentioned earlier in this thread?

• 1 month later...

Took a trip to The Book Thing Of Baltimore. It was a little sketchy at first but once you got inside and started finding books you liked, it was pretty rad. There were books upon books in there. It wasn't really organized except for genres (somewhat) so it was really fun to dig through and find some gems. Found a bunch of books from 1902 which was cool. Overall, went in with the hopes of finding 5 or so books I'd want and left with 40. All completely free and in great condition. Some of them were newer ones which was really shocking to see. I suggest anyone in the Baltimore area check it out. The bummer is that it's only open on the weekends :(

Since I definitely want to go back, would anyone be interested in like a surprise book box? Basically, you tell me a genre you like and I'll try to fill a box with them. All you'd have to do is pay for shipping. I'm not sure how heavy books are but I'd say it'd be under $20 for shipping depending on the type. Mystery/thrillers will obviously weigh a shit ton less than hardback 1920 history books. Either way, I'd make sure there was a bunch in there.

If this is a dumb idea, let me know and I'll edit this part out.