ever meet anybody famous?

Snoop dogg. I was working at a hotel. His crew rented the whole floor. I was pushing a cart and he came out. Imagine the whitest voice saying " what's up?!" Then he replied in snoop dog fashion. "Sup foo!"

Gym Class Heroes. Came and partied at my house. That was cool.

Plenty of other cool bands staying.

The coolest was when Norman Brannon was touring with gratitude. Jonah and the rest stayed at my house. I talked with Norman for two hours. Got to show him my new end original lp and talk Texas is the reason. Jonah was super nice. Kept to himself.

Uh, I guess the most famous people I've met (actually spoke to and shook hands with) are Bryan Cranston, Rosie O'Donnel, Michael Ian Black, Michael Showalter, Billy Corgan, James Iha, Ellie Goulding, Little Jack Lawrence, Pauly Shore, Aziz Ansari, Patton Oswalt, Jeff Tweedy, and Taylor Handson (hah).

I've met dozens of bands while playing at the venue I used to book at, but most of us here have talked to bands at shows and stuff.

Edit: Oh and i forgot politicians. I've met presidents GWB, BC, and GHWB. Haven't met Obama yet even though I live in Chicago. I've also met Blagojevich a few times. heh.

for hockey fans: I had the pleasure of meeting Scotty Bowman and also John Buccigross.

Met Sean Avery at a charity event in NYC while he was waiting for a taxi. 

Surprisingly enough, he was very cool and talkative and even took some jabs at me for being a devils fan. It made me hate him a small amount less. 

Oh, one year in college I volunteered at the Woodstock Film Festival and met Ethan Hawke. The event I helped out at was Steve Buscemi accepting the achievement award so I got to see that, but didn't get to meet him, unfortunately.

I was there the next year with a film. My friend received the Maverick Award that year.

Woodstock is a great Film Fest.

When I lived in Dallas I worked at the American Airlines arena for a few years while attending college and got to meet some pretty cool athletes when All-Star weekend rolled around. Met Steve Nash, Cuttino Mobley, Dikembe Mutumbo, sold JJ Barea's grandparents a few jerseys, some hall of famer from the Yankees bought a jersey from me, Mark Derwin (the dad from The Secret Life of the American Teenager) talked to me for awhile, waited to meet Chris Webber after the live broadcast of the dunk contest (super great guy by the way!) I used to also sell merch with one of the Mavs dancers and we got to eat in this guys suite on a regular night and I got to meet some pretty cool people there. From what I understand he owned a small portion of the team with Mark Cuban and made some pretty important decisions for the organization. He would have all kinds of people in there. One night I talked to the founder of Blue energy drink for a good 20 min and he wanted to go get a drink after the game with him and a few ladies but I kindly refused since I was engaged at the time and didn't really want to screw that up. It was honestly a blast working there. My breaks were great, they'd let me watch the Mavs games and Stars hockey games right on the floor. Almost met Mike Madono but didn't have the gonads to say hey..

Oh yeah and one night I was walking to my car that was in a parking garage and watched this yellow Lamborghini drive out of the players garage and these two dudes were standing on the corner and flagged the car down and ended up getting a little joyride. Turned out to be Shawm Marion! After he dropped them back off the two guys were just standing there like "wtf.."

i worked at sxsw and afi film festival, so yeah, i've met tons of stars. none of which i would ever hang out with again unless it was george wendt and george clooney. 

met 3/4 of the original 4 hoursemen, the fabulous thunderbirds (michael, terry, and buddy), 4(kerry, mike, kevin, and fritz) von erichs, and andre the giant. 

and freddie fender was our neighbors uncle so we saw him a lot.

Uh, I guess the most famous people I've met (actually spoke to and shook hands with) are Bryan Cranston, Rosie O'Donnel, Michael Ian Black, Michael Showalter, Billy Corgan, James Iha, Ellie Goulding, Little Jack Lawrence, Pauly Shore, Aziz Ansari, Patton Oswalt, Jeff Tweedy, and Taylor Hanson (hah).

I've met dozens of bands while playing at the venue I used to book at, but most of us here have talked to bands at shows and stuff.

Edit: Oh and i forgot politicians. I've met presidents GWB, BC, and GHWB. Haven't met Obama yet even though I live in Chicago. I've also met Blagojevich a few times. heh.

oh and Paul Brittain and Jimmy Fallon

and Stephen Baldwin

In December 2011 I won a competition to watch Foo Fighters from the side of the stage, and they flew me to Melbourne and everything. Tenacious D were supporting, as well as Fucked Up, and both bands watched the Foos play from the same platform as me. Jack Black was a super cool guy. There were also a few Aussie comedians that I met there (not sure if any of you have heard of Andy Lee, but he's well known here).

That's the only thing remotely exciting that has ever happened, really.

I met Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley a few times, got to let them know how much Kiss saved my life when I was growing up. The first time I met Gene, I was 12, and he was still in his platform boots, so he was fucking huge. I asked him to sign my program, and he tilted the pen toward me with a smile to have me uncap it since he was already holding onto the program. Felt a little dickish on his part... But hey, the last time I met him, he came out of the dressing room with a huge fucking catering tray and asked my brother and his buddies and I if we were hungry. (we were not, but it was an awfully nice gesture.)

That last tour that AM! did with The Cult last year, I met everyone plus Derek Grant, and Brendan Kelly. Met Laura as we were walking to the car, she was out by the bus. I basically told her she's the reason I was able to gather the courage to come out as trans to my friends, and before I even got the words "thank you" out, I just started crying, and she just hugged me and I thought she wouldn't let go, and there were hugs and I think she almost cried, too and oh god, all the feels.

Anyway, other notables...

Mark, Tom, and Travis from Blink during the Take Off Your Pants and Jacket Tour

Andrew WK a lot (watched the openers for the To Live and Shave In LA show with him, pretty much)

Just about everyone in NFG

Mike Watt, who is the most gracious man you'll ever meet in your life

Steve Vai

Slash (signed the back of my jean jacket with "ROCK AND FUCKING ROLL" from shoulder to shoulder)

Everyone in Jimmy Eat World (Tom drew a penis on the back of my jacket... he did not remember when I brought it up to him later, and didn't believe me, but pretty much accepted it and just figures he was completely hammered at the time.)

Tré Cool

Pete Wentz after the Friends and Enemies tour stop in Cleveland, where he had to be carried away by FOB's head of security so he'd just get onto the bus.

All of the Gaslight Anthem (no surprise, I'm sure)

Julian Koster from Neutral Milk Hotel and The Music Tapes (I've let him know that if we have a son, his name will be Julian because he's had that profound of a musical influence on both our lives)

Jello Biafra who is ridiculously nice and will gladly talk about records.

Ray Park (Darth Maul)

I'm blanking on people other than band people.

A lot more, but those are the most notable ones.

I literally bumped into Dustin Diamond a few years back.

I was taking some classes and he was apparently there doing "comedy".  I was in a hurry on my way out and came around a corner and bumped into some guy.  I looked at him and said "sorry" and was on my way.  Took a fraction of a second to realize that I think that was Dustin Diamond.  I turned around to double check and I was pretty sure it was him so in a manner that was more of a question than a statement I said "Screech".  Holy shit I wish I had a camera to show the look of fucking hatred he had in his eyes.  That was the end of it, I pissed of Screech Powers, I wasn't going to stick around and see what wrath followed.

I randomly walked into Stephen Lang (general dude from Avatar) in NYC this past summer. And if anyone remembers that one hit wonder rapper Jim Jones.. he lives in my town and has gotten into trouble a few times during the past couple of years lol. When I was younger I'd go to his house on halloween (that part of town has nice mcmansions with plenty of candy).

As for musicians I really like: Met Jesse Lacey in Canada as he was returning from skateboarding with some friends. Met Buddy Nielsen a few times (he also grew up by me) and I ran into Adam and Eddie from TBS at warped tour when they were walking around incognito and I recognized them and they got kinda irked but were friendly haha.

Tré Cool

A lot more, but those are the most notable ones.

i totally forgot that i met green day on 3 different occasions. once at kc hall for a show in 92', another with bad religion in 93'. i remember billie joe saying it sucked touring with bad religion but the seaweed dudes were nice. and the last time we all played hacky sack outside of a coliseum in san antonio. my roommate had thrown the show in 92' with them so he knew them. we got to see them do soundcheck and later that night (for free). still didn't think nothing of it.  now they're all huge. never thought in a million years that would happen like it did. 

saw them this past weekend for a ACL LIVE show. billie joe looked like fuckin' raccoon with all that eyeliner. i just couldn't stop staring at his shorter than average length arms. he did make a kids day by having a kid come on stage and sing a song with them. overall pretty good show.

a few baseball players nothing cool though.

bob feller, sandy alomar, omar vizquel, david justice, david bell

all Indians players from autograph signings, no real communication all happened when I was a youngin.

I remember seeing underoath on tour with as cities burn and poison the well and meeting the u/o dudes

One guy was so legitimately stoked on ptw he told them in this monstrous voice "YOU GUYS FUCKIN SLAYED"

I asked Krysten Ritter out on a date once on twitter

Top three Moments I've had with someone famous

Listening to Alicia silverstone fuck her now husband in a tour bus while I rolled a blunt for some of the guys in the used before a show

Goofing around playing nut tap and eating pizza with Pete wentz and spitalfield

Watching someone pour a beer on Jared lettos head who was frequenting our bar at the time

All happened in random ass jacksonville fl