Festivus 2012 My Biggest Gripe About VC...

One grievance that I am also guilty of and trying to correct.

People need to stop being assholes to each other. If someone makes a mistake don't jump down their throat about it. I'm sure they feel like a big enough schmuck on their own and don't need a bunch of sarcastic comments to help them realize they're wrong.

A lot of this comes from asking questions and then someone automatically being a dick because the person didn't know some obscure place to look up what they're looking for. And really, even if all it took was a guick google search. They obviously came here to ask the question because they trust that you people will provide a more helpful easier answer than siphoning through pages and pages of search results.

Well all need to just take a step back and realize that at some point you will ask a stupid question or say something just as dumb.

End of rant, happy festivus.

thought of a few more. people who made a sale thread and start it off with some sob story along the lines of "i'm broke and in desperate need of money." then a few days later that person makes a want to buy thread. we get it, you want to sell some shit that goes for a good chunk of change, no need for bullshit, just make a list of all the records you want to sell and be done with it.

the trend lately of people buying/pre-ordering something and once it comes they "realize" they "didn't want it as much as they thought they did" or "i don't listen to this as much as i used to." then why buy it in the first place? it seems like that's all anyone did with those new fall out boy and panic at the disco re-presses hot topic sold. it would be different if it happened a few years after buying it, but these people are pre-ordering records where the gap between ordering and receiving is under 2 months.

Outside of the technical difficulties experienced, there is so much to gripe about I don't even know where to begin. 

:(

Also, to those who hate the blue - there is a "Grey Version" dubbed VC Color Blind in the skins selector at the bottom of any page. Feel free to use that.

Anyways, this looks was always meant to be temporary. There will be a proper redesign at some point next year. There will not be a blue background. it will be off-white.

A fix for the block quotes should come in the next few days, been busy with other work.

i have a whole list of things I want fixed and changed. some of it is time, most of it is resources.

Oh also, as promised, we will be looking for mods in the coming days.

Suffice it to say, we're working on it.

:(

Also, to those who hate the blue - there is a "Grey Version" dubbed VC Color Blind in the skins selector at the bottom of any page. Feel free to use that.

Anyways, this looks was always meant to be temporary. There will be a proper redesign at some point next year. There will not be a blue background. it will be off-white.

A fix for the block quotes should come in the next few days, been busy with other work.

i have a whole list of things I want fixed and changed. some of it is time, most of it is resources.

Oh also, as promised, we will be looking for mods in the coming days.

Suffice it to say, we're working on it.

Thanks for the update and all you do to work on this site. As much as people gripe about it (and they will always gripe about it no matter what), at least we have a great community to be a part of. 

Yeah, default avatars. We should make the default avatar something super lame so people feel compelled to change it. Papa Smurf and the muscle Smurf having intercourse comes to mind. I haven't checked the Internet to see if that has been done but, come on, I think we all know its out there.

Yeah, default avatars. We should make the default avatar something super lame so people feel compelled to change it. Papa Smurf and the muscle Smurf having intercourse comes to mind. I haven't checked the Internet to see if that has been done but, come on, I think we all know its out there.

ha, that's not a bad idea.

i think that's a simple fix. 

People complaining about Hot Topic's international shipping prices.

A first time poster letting us know that they posted Deja or Alchemy or some other expensive shit on eBay. That's like a stranger knocking on my door and telling me they're going to make a bunch of money. I don't give a shit.

2013 board resolutions:

1. More respect for upstanding labels and distros, less respect for whiny shitheels with 30 posts. Not every label that takes 5 days to ship your record or sends you the wrong thing by accident is "sketchy".

3. Less excitement about terrible music from junior high on vinyl. I hated junior high. I have better taste now than I did in junior high. Let's not pretend that the godawful music we all listened to then is worth archiving on vinyl. We have limited resources on this planet, and if any more of them are wasted on Sum 41 records the world is going to start spinning faster in an attempt to throw us all off.

Well said.