Recently Viewing

Went to the drive in to see Trainwreck last night, unfortunately Vacation was playing first and my wife and I had to slog through that piece of shit...

We just kept telling ourselves Trainwreck would be make it worth it....

It wasn't...so disappointed, typical Apatow flick with none of the laughs and an abundance of meandering plot lines...I know it wasn't written by him but it sure felt like it. Part of me wonders if I should see it again because Vacation was such a miserable vacuous turd that it sucked all of the joy out of Trainwreck....

Was vacation that bad? The previews seem to show some good homage to the prior films.

I thought trainwreck had its moments but was way to long, as all apatow films are. I was surprised at how much i laughed at lebrons stuff.

it was so bad man, almost every joke fell completely flat....the characters were obnoxious, the cameos weren't all that fun...

it was miserable to sit through...

I just sat through When The Game Stands Tall. Why I did, I don't know. I don't even like football movies. I don't know why they bother after FNL, which is the one exception (maybe any given Sunday, and Rudy, if you're up for a good crack).

We get it, high school football is Jesus and everything from here on out depends on one season as we're aging into adulthood and learning the lessons of life and loss though every tackle and protecting the man beside you and all that whoreshit, goddamnit, stop making football movies. 

I just sat through When The Game Stands Tall. Why I did, I don't know. I don't even like football movies. I don't know why they bother after FNL, which is the one exception (maybe any given Sunday, and Rudy, if you're up for a good crack).

We get it, high school football is Jesus and everything from here on out depends on one season as we're aging into adulthood and learning the lessons of life and loss though every tackle and protecting the man beside you and all that whoreshit, goddamnit, stop making football movies.

I think I like this even better than horseshit.

Straight Outta Compton was average. I had high expectations based on the trailer and the trailer is really cut out of only the first hour of a 2.5 hour movie. The trailer also represents what the film does best: Represent the moment, the music and the cultural phenomenon. It starts to crumble from there in an attempt to build Dre into a real hero it leaves out the tragic flaw of his beating of Dee Barnes and domestic violence issues. I can see the latter not fitting since no relationships were included but the Barnes commission is not forgivable for me considering the timeline and intentions of his character. 

It's worth seeing. I'd say DVD but there are a lot of strong elements to it but it was meandering since they had this need to close out on the death of E and tie things up in a pretty bow with the Death Row era. 

It totally captures the wild times and a moment of serious development for Hip Hop. It still left me a bit cold in the end. Go see it and judge for yourself as I'm sure most here plan to. 

Last weekend my fiancé and I went to my families cabin and we knocked out quite a few films.

- Palo Alto: Absolutely terrible.  What is James Franco doing with his life.

- The Lazarus Effect:  It was alright.  I feel like if it had different/unknown actors, it wouldn't have been as enjoyable,

- The One I Love:  Really liked this.  Had a real strong "Twilight Zone" vibe.  I still stand by the fact that any movie Mark Duplass is in is pretty great, but the ones he directs are usually the opposite of that.

- Faults: This was awesome.  Highly recommended if you're into "cult-stuff" and mind control.  Plus Mary Elizabeth Winstead :wub: .

- Always Watching:  I always enjoyed "Slenderman-related" thins, so this was a pretty enjoyable watch.  It's from the creators of the Youtube show "Marble Hornets," if any of you have heard of that.

- Spring: Soooo good.  Like... wow.  I loved "Resolution," which was the first film from the directors of this, so I was anticipating it for quite a while.  Definitely worth the wait.

- Wild At Heart:  Possibly in my top 3 David Lynch films now.  The whole thing is basically Nicholas Cage doing is best Elvis impersonation.  All the acting is pretty good though.  I loved it.

- Obvious Child:  Jenny Slate's pretty cute in this.  Wasn't expecting the subject matter to focus on what it did, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless, haha.

- Let Us Prey:  Eh, it was okay.  Some of the gore was pretty awesome, but I kind of felt myself being bored and confused a lot of the time.

- Every Secret Thing:  Another "okay" movie.  The story kept me interested, but nothing really happened until the end.  Wouldn't watch it again anytime soon, but it's worth watching once I suppose.

Also, we just finished watching Wet Hot American Summer: First Day Of Camp and I loved it so much.  Funnier than the movie for sure (and I love the movie too).  I wish it was longer...

Watched "Cop Car" with Kevin Bacon yesterday after hearing mostly positive things about it.

I didn't care for it, it could have been a ton better if it was 30 min longer or if they explained anything about the characters. You have no clue why these two kids have ran away from home or have any idea how Kevin Bacon's character has gotten himself into the situation he is in.

With Mission Impossible 5 out in theaters, I decided to watch the first two earlier this week as I hadn't seem them in ages. 

Mission Impossible 2 is one of the worst films I've ever seen. I had forgotten how terrible it was. Working on 3 and 4 later this week. I remember 4 being pretty entertaining. 

With Mission Impossible 5 out in theaters, I decided to watch the first two earlier this week as I hadn't seem them in ages. 

Mission Impossible 2 is one of the worst films I've ever seen. I had forgotten how terrible it was. Working on 3 and 4 later this week. I remember 4 being pretty entertaining. 

MI:2 is so bad I've almost erased it from memory and replaced it with parts of MI:3. 1,3,4 are excellent! The newest one was good too, but not my favorite of the series.

I've only ever seen the first and fourth, and I remember the fourth being significantly better.

MI:2 is so bad I've almost erased it from memory and replaced it with parts of MI:3. 1,3,4 are excellent! The newest one was good too, but not my favorite of the series.

MI:2 was probably my favorite movie when I was 10, but I also haven't seen it in over a decade. Probably won't hold up for me, but I kind of want to rewatch it now. Still need to see MI:5. Might go for a Sunday matinee

• 2 weeks later...