Recently Viewing

• 2 weeks later...

also saw crimson peak last night. i can't believe how mismarketed it was. typical GDT ghost story, where that part was secondary. reminded me a lot of 'the devil's backbone'. i really liked it, but don't go in expecting a horror movie.

I agree that Crimson Peak was mismarketed. I saw it last night, and enjoyed it. It reminded me of The Haunting (remake) and Sleepy Hallow. More of a mystery that happened to have some ghosts. Visually it was excellent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

finished Jessica Jones last night... it was good, but overhyped in my opinion. it felt about 3-4 episodes too long for the story they were telling. I didn't give a shit about any of the supporting characters. villain was cool, but the story should've been resolved wayyyyyyy sooner.

I haven't watched Daredevil yet... is that better?

finished Jessica Jones last night... it was good, but overhyped in my opinion. it felt about 3-4 episodes too long for the story they were telling. I didn't give a shit about any of the supporting characters. villain was cool, but the story should've been resolved wayyyyyyy sooner.

Yeah Daredevil is actually pretty good. Haven't seen JJ but Daredevil's main 5-6 characters are all pretty solid.

This weekend I got to see Bridge of Spies, Steve Jobs and Home Alone all in theaters, all were excellent.

I was shocked that I liked Bridge of Spies as much as I did.

Room was excellent. Revenant is art - not sure I'll watch again but its must see in a theater. Spotlight was very good if not a bit conventional but story always wins. Truth wasn't very good. By the Sea was awful - didn't get past 40 minutes before I stopped torturing myself. I liked Brooklyn - a nice film but I'm not clear entirely on the hype, totally worth seeing though.

I've seen a bunch more.

Forgot to mention I finished this up the other night too!  I really liked it.  Kind of agree with you on it being a little too long though.

But yeah... 100% check out Daredevil as soon as you can.  I know you'll like it.

I was shocked that I liked Bridge of Spies as much as I did.

Room was excellent. Revenant is art - not sure I'll watch again but its must see in a theater. Spotlight was very good if not a bit conventional but story always wins. Truth wasn't very good. By the Sea was awful - didn't get past 40 minutes before I stopped torturing myself. I liked Brooklyn - a nice film but I'm not clear entirely on the hype, totally worth seeing though.

I've seen a bunch more.

How did you see revenant already? That seems like a see in theaters movie and glad its the case. Looking forward to hateful eight. Theater near me is getting the 70mm print and going to check it out that way.

How did you see revenant already? That seems like a see in theaters movie and glad its the case. Looking forward to hateful eight. Theater near me is getting the 70mm print and going to check it out that way.

So jealous you get to see it in 70mm. It's a slightly longer cut too.

I think he's in the film industry in some capacity. I recall him posting about seeing movies early before.