Recently Viewing

Watched the first episode of the Family and Lucifer; liking both. the Family cuts back and forth between the present and the past and I guess they feel the need to let you know which is with, as if someone paying any amount of attention couldn't figure it out in two seconds but, it's on abc or something so it has to be dumbed down for the general population somewhat I guess

Has anybody seen Ben Wheatley's new one, High-Rise? A Field in England was mindblowingly good, and Kill List is pretty stellar too (I didn't like it that much at first because I felt the ending didn't hold water, but after seeing it a couple more times I've really come around). 

I have really big expectations, it's probably my most anticipated movie of the year. 

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone watched better off ted? It has all these high reviews and is supposed to be this great dry comedy that people cant believe got cancelled. I have watched about 4 episodes and honestly havent laughed once.

I binged the whole thing one day a couple years ago. Not sure I ever laughed but it was kinda fun. Something pleasant enough to have on. I think I was recovering from surgery at the time.

started season 2 of bates motel. enjoyed the 1st season but seems to be getting progressively cheesier and a little repetitive. also been watching halt and catch fire, but hard to binge. anyone recommend the fall? was considering giving that a go.

I really liked the first season of The Fall, but have yet to start the second. It is a bit slow at times, but acted very well.

Has anyone watched better off ted? It has all these high reviews and is supposed to be this great dry comedy that people cant believe got cancelled. I have watched about 4 episodes and honestly havent laughed once.

my wife and I watched this when it first aired years ago and loved it then. i just recently watched the first few episodes again and remembered why i liked it, and i still like it, but yeah it didn't hold up as laugh out loud funny. i really like some of the character interactions and the super-dry jokes in the corporate commercial intro things. i feel like if they had added just a hint of some slapstick it could've worked. some of the jokes in the later episodes are SO good and smart. but it was missing something (maybe laughs...)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2016-04-26 at 8:52 PM, Han Solo said:

Just started History Channel's tv show Vikings. I saw a short documentary on it that involved some of the actors and decided to try it out since my friend is obsessed with the show. Pretty good so far. If you're into Game of Thrones and that sort of thing, you'll probably find it interesting. 

I've watched all seasons of Vikings, finished season 4 pt 1 yesterday, and was happy to see that season 4 pt 2 (10 more episodes) will return this fall. Also season 5 is scheduled for the future.

We're watching Game of Thrones also and I realized I actually got some people mixed up yesterday when we were watching Vikings;

"But...that chick with red hair, married to the king, she's still in jail, right?"