Eh. I guess it depends on your definition of what a lot is and how much you are willing to pay. $46 for lawn seats for two headlining bands isn't all that bad. I'm sure there are people that have paid close to that to see one or the other

Wife and I are contemplating $46 + fees for Joanna Newsom. I wouldn't pay that for current day MM and Brand New though.

Wife and I are contemplating $46 + fees for Joanna Newsom. I wouldn't pay that for current day MM and Brand New though.

Understandable. I've seen Brand New twice, and I agree I wouldn't pay $46 for them as they are more of an afterthought in this instance; however, I've never seen Modest Mouse and I guess it would be better late than never? So I guess it comes down to if I would be willing to pay $50+ to see them only. I was checking prices in LA and they were only $35 for balcony, so I would be more willing to pay in that price range

Understandable. I've seen Brand New twice, and I agree I wouldn't pay $46 for them as they are more of an afterthought in this instance; however, I've never seen Modest Mouse and I guess it would be better late than never? So I guess it comes down to if I would be willing to pay $50+ to see them only. I was checking prices in LA and they were only $35 for balcony, so I would be more willing to pay in that price range

I think I saw MM in 2010 for all of $7, and got front row. They were pretty meh because of Brock's attitude, as you could expect. I also passed out from dehydration during their set and got thrown over the security gate, so that may have had something to do with it

thebilljim, im digging the new M Ward "Post War" variant that they sent the newsletter out today. its only 19.99 but their shipping sucks. if someone lived could and could be a homie, it would be cheaper. My black copy is totally fine, but I do love that album

I can keep an eye out for you. I take it Newbury doesn't offer media mail shipping?

So I got a dilemma on my hands here. Ordered two copies of a record two months ago from an Amazon seller with a very good reputation and feedback. I knew the order would take a while as the holidays were coming up. No biggie. After a while I had to inquire on the status. They send me this reply:

"My apologies for any miscommunication. We sent you an email a while ago detailing you on the status of your order. Your item was damaged by the manufacturer and we are waiting for a replacement copy. You can either wait for it to come in or we can offer you a refund. Please let us know your decision. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I replied that I will wait it out and send when have them. Finally get a proper shipping notice. Then wait. And wait. The records sat at a sorting facility south of me for over a week. They finally arrived yesterday and as I'm looking them over (they're pic discs by the way), I notice that one of them is cracked. Or so I thought. It turns out to be an 8-inch cut right across the next-to-last track on the b-side. So I message the seller and let them know. And I get this reply:

"I'm sorry to hear that. You can return the item to the address below and we can issue a refund. There may be a few days delay between our receiving the item back and the refund. On the outside of your parcel please clearly note your Amazon Order #."

Now. I got no qualms with returning the one damaged record. But. Should I get all aggro and demand that I not only get refunded for the shipping it's costing me or demand a replacement copy? Sure...I've been in THE HOBBY!!! long enough to know, but damnit...I'm just so frustrated over this whole thing that I'm at a loss on what to do now. Ha!

So I got a dilemma on my hands here. Ordered two copies of a record two months ago from an Amazon seller with a very good reputation and feedback. I knew the order would take a while as the holidays were coming up. No biggie. After a while I had to inquire on the status. They send me this reply:

"My apologies for any miscommunication. We sent you an email a while ago detailing you on the status of your order. Your item was damaged by the manufacturer and we are waiting for a replacement copy. You can either wait for it to come in or we can offer you a refund. Please let us know your decision. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I replied that I will wait it out and send when have them. Finally get a proper shipping notice. Then wait. And wait. The records sat at a sorting facility south of me for over a week. They finally arrived yesterday and as I'm looking them over (they're pic discs by the way), I notice that one of them is cracked. Or so I thought. It turns out to be an 8-inch cut right across the next-to-last track on the b-side. So I message the seller and let them know. And I get this reply:

"I'm sorry to hear that. You can return the item to the address below and we can issue a refund. There may be a few days delay between our receiving the item back and the refund. On the outside of your parcel please clearly note your Amazon Order #."

Now. I got no qualms with returning the one damaged record. But. Should I get all aggro and demand that I not only get refunded for the shipping it's costing me or demand a replacement copy? Sure...I've been in THE HOBBY!!! long enough to know, but damnit...I'm just so frustrated over this whole thing that I'm at a loss on what to do now. Ha!

I don't think you'd be in the wrong to ask for a replacement and/ or your shipping costs covered. Shit happens, but that doesn't mean you should lose money on a damaged product (that was probably damaged when it was shipped to you.) not sure why they wouldn't just accept photo proof of damage to issue a refund anyway...

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic