8 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Amusement parks suck.

Mmmmhm

15 minutes ago, texan4life said:

That's the best part of any fair, getting a giant brick of curly fries is my favorite thing to do

Just now, Issei Hyoudou said:

Yeah, but I'd rather take my ticket money+hotel and do something else. I can get an equally nice meal for the same price or cheaper in town or at a nice restaurant somewhere else.

I'm with you on this one, I can think of a bunch of other things I'd rather do or places I'd go with that money. I mean when you consider all the costs of going to disneyland I could take a trip to somewhere that I'd enjoy much more.

This reawakened my desire, I've been 6-7 times and once to Disneyworld it has never got old to me. The atmosphere is completely different than any other amusement park I've been to, it's so easy to get lost in the theme and recede back into childhood. Which is a really nice experience as you get older and can become increasingly harder to do

I remember going to Disneyworld in 2000, and being happy as a clam. Animal Kingdom was fairly new, MGM Grand had been recently renovated, and there was some perk called a Parkhopper Pass that allowed us to get into the fast lane for all the major rides that featured it. Haven't been to an amusement park since, but it was honestly magical. How someone can't relive that childish wonder is a damn shame, because I'd do it in a heartbeat if I could.

1 minute ago, jhulud said:

On Letting Go. And not even the first pressings.

One buyer already paid. But chose Media Mail. I wouldn't have on that much of a record. I may send it out Priority. With a feedback of 3, they're probably a punisher.

Haha that would be nice of you. Hope the other one pays as well.

12 minutes ago, jhulud said:

On Letting Go. And not even the first pressings.

One buyer already paid. But chose Media Mail. I wouldn't have on that much of a record. I may send it out Priority. With a feedback of 3, they're probably a punisher.

You can still add insurance to media mail, which I would definitely do on records over $75.

3 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

I feel you on that. I would love to go to EU some day and just grab all the post rock and post metal I can. And for the Weezer, I was hoping for $95. I know it's steep, but considering they are going for $150 on the bays, and $115 on Discogs, I guess it's reasonable. Normally I wouldn't ask that much, but since I'm moving I kind of can't make a super good deal like I usually do.

The most I ever paid was $150 for that hand numbered /25, personalized 3xlp test press of two Caspian albums that come in a wooden box. It hurt, but it's something I never thought I would get.

Forgot to say. Aiming to be in the states at some point in the next 12 months. If it's coming off I'll let you know. Happy to bring some stuff over and post it to you state side. 

On 5/4/2016 at 10:59 PM, Eliminator Jr. said:

I want to believe. 

Let's go there after DUNK US Festival!

On 5/4/2016 at 10:59 PM, lastvaultboy said:

Forgot to say. Aiming to be in the states at some point in the next 12 months. If it's coming off I'll let you know. Happy to bring some stuff over and post it to you state side. 

Awe shit yeah, dude.

Edited by Dave Grohl

6 minutes ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

Codeine. White Birch

Low. Ones and Sixes

Galaxie 500. Today

Red House Painters. RHP II

Bedhead. Everything, really. That's how great they were

Dude, I have those Bedhead and Codeine box sets and they are so fucking amazing. They're first on the list to spin for the lady cause she isn't familiar with slowcore at all. I was super lucky and found Codeine purcahsed, but not spun, so I got it for like $40. Then I got the Bedhead box for super cheap during the Numero moving sale.

1 minute ago, Dave Grohl said:

Let's go there after DUNK US Festival!

Awe shit yeah, dude. I might still be in TX in a year, or might be elsewhere, but if you're near by feel free to visit and I'll show you around (wherever that might be).

Sweet as. I'll let you know when we've got our shit together. Aiming for a south states visit and some Chicago action. 

Big Disney World fan (even back in 2013...) but still haven't done Disney Land LA. Went to DisneySea in Tokyo and that was insane. People were queuing four hours for Toy Story! Fast passes are a life saver. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic