18 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Morning fellas. That concert was "interesting" to say the least... Certainly a study in social psychology for sure. So many pasty overweight women in daisy dukes & cowboy boots... And then the flip side, tons of "not too sure if their of age" gals that certainly catch your eye with half their ass hanging out of the "short shorts" if they even have enough fabric to warrant that label... Yeti coolers and Bud Light from left to right... Scary, truly scary. But, at least I get to go see Nothing in exchange for my willingness to participate lol

Girl I dated years ago was going through a divorce and her tension level was so high she was clenching her teeth and having really bad jaw pain, but wasn't aware of it at first so she spent the better part of three months going back and forth between the dentist and periodontist trying to get an answer before finally figuring out she just needed a guard. 

You are the uber human, fueled only by lack of sleep and coffee. Carry on good sir

On to coffee 2... Shamba beans shade grown in a bed of mushrooms... very tasty

18 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Edit: I just found a super clean Thorens TD160 between here and Cleveland. Waiting on the shop to give me a price on it/see if they want to trade it for my HK table. I'd be quite happy if they would do a 1 for 1 trade.

I saw a really clean SL-D2 when I was in Raleigh the other day, and as much as I wanted to grab it, I held off because I need a new set of bookshelf speakers first

9 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

On to coffee 2... Shamba beans shade grown in a bed of mushrooms... very tasty

That sounds super interesting for sure. I can't even imagine the flavor complexity levels that creates

3 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I saw a really clean SL-D2 when I was in Raleigh the other day, and as much as I wanted to grab it, I held off because I need a new set of bookshelf speakers first

That sounds super interesting for sure. I can't even imagine the flavor complexity levels that creates

Low acidity... extremely smooth and rich... not a nutty flavor either.

Good stuff

Just now, GHOSTDRONES said:

Low acidity... extremely smooth and rich... not a nutty flavor either.

Good stuff

Low acidity is the key. Even taking a prescription heartburn medicine doesn't save me from the irritation to my throat, so I love a smooth cup. I usually get whatever is darkest, and I blow through a ton of creamer to curb the bite a bit to save the throat

7 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Low acidity is the key. Even taking a prescription heartburn medicine doesn't save me from the irritation to my throat, so I love a smooth cup. I usually get whatever is darkest, and I blow through a ton of creamer to curb the bite a bit to save the throat

This is not super dark, and the bitterness on the low end.

4 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Morning everyone. Woke up with my lower right jaw really tender/sore today. Not sure if it's a lymph node swelling or if I have been grinding my teeth again, but it sure makes talking on the phone at work annoying. It's a beautiful morning otherwise, and can't wait for work to end. How's everyone else today?

That @Collector cunt downvoted you...seriously who the hell is this guy?

Sooo I'm probably going to go to university in the UK, and I can't find any decent references or experiences from people shipping record collections internationally. Only threads I can find are people being incredibly vague with their shipping methods and not providing anything. I figured I'd post here instead of making a thread in case the answer is simpler than I anticipate, or anyone has good experience.

I know how to pack records in bulk, I've done it multiple times before for long car rides. What I don't know is how the hell to actually ship my collection (~350 records) overseas without costing $180 per box. Any tips or leads?

Edited by deer

1 hour ago, deer said:

Sooo I'm probably going to go to university in the UK, and I can't find any decent references or experiences from people shipping record collections internationally. Only threads I can find are people being incredibly vague with their shipping methods and not providing anything. I figured I'd post here instead of making a thread in case the answer is simpler than I anticipate, or anyone has good experience.

I know how to pack records in bulk, I've done it multiple times before for long car rides. What I don't know is how the hell to actually ship my collection (~350 records) overseas without costing $180 per box. Any tips or leads?

If it were me, I'd massively thin down my collection by about 80-90% and only keep the records that really mean the most to me. Shipping is going to add up fast when you're transporting everything you own to another country. 

17 minutes ago, Youinreverse said:

If it were me, I'd massively thin down my collection by about 80-90% and only keep the records that really mean the most to me. Shipping is going to add up fast when you're transporting everything you own to another country. 

I couldn't possibly bear to do that, personally. I might just leave the majority of my collection at my parent's place and just take a small case of records overseas with me for uni. I still would like to know how I would go about shipping an entire collection overseas in the case that I moved or relocated permanently, though.

17 minutes ago, deer said:

I couldn't possibly bear to do that, personally. I might just leave the majority of my collection at my parent's place and just take a small case of records overseas with me for uni. I still would like to know how I would go about shipping an entire collection overseas in the case that I moved or relocated permanently, though.

I shipped 400 records from OR to VA for about ~$300+. I don't want to imagine how much it would cost to sent that to another country.

Holy shit today was a good day

I went to the local game store to play Weiss Schwarz (basically weeaboo card game) and @Bladew1ll1s1sdead one of the guys I was talking to had an American Nightmare tattoo so I said something about the upcoming show. Motherfucker was in a band that used to open for them (he didn't say which, I'll ask next week). Also said he's going to AX next weekend and that 90% of the Haruhi dub cast will be there for signings and he's getting my card signed for me. Fucking stoked.

Also saw that TFoT starred a snapchat (thesnapoftroy hahahaha) so I send them a picture of my original Doppelganger press and they actually replied and said if I sent them another message on the night of the concert here (7/17) they'd meet me after the show and sign it. Holy fuck

4 hours ago, deer said:

I had wondered the same thing when I had plans to relocate there too. I think a shipping pod was the route I was going to go and it's very pricey. Separate them in boxes based on importance and bring the ones you need to have as a carry on. I talked to a guy from England who moved to America and that's how he did it. He got a handful as carry on and his parents shipped the rest as he could afford to pay for it. 

13 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

you too bro, I traded in some records yesterday and got a lot more than expected and grabbed a clean original of the first Cocteau Twins album

Not too shabby at all. I lucked up on a sealed variant I needed for my Kozelek collection a week or so ago on eBay for about half it's normal going rate

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic