A local bar here called jw crancers. It's not much, but a big step for me!

Huge step, im not a fan of bars at all.

After someone heavily backed printing shipping labels online in a thread recently - it was either thejesseb or tokimedo(one of the cat dudes) I tried it for the first time tonight. I really don't know why I haven't been doing that all along.

Like going through paypal to print a label? Ya i've never done it any other way and its just so easy. 

Just watched my coworker get hammered on three beers.  Had to drag him out of a bar I'm a regular at after stumbling and knocking over shit.

Best part- dude's a bartender at the record store/ pub we work at. Weeeak  sauce.

Happy there's finally a thread here to post shit no one else cares about-  wait.. that'd probably be 1/2 of the vinyl related forum

Having an odd/bittersweet moment right now. A former close friend of mine who I used to also play in a band with just got an opportunity I've been trying to get for a few years now. Basically in NYC there is a educational program called the Teaching Fellows. You teach high demand subjects in high need areas while getting a subsidized masters degree. Its a great but tough opportunity. I've applied 3 times in 3 separate years and never got an interview, but I honestly don't know what his resume and GPA would entail comparatively because I only know what I see on facebook. We used to be real close and he was my last really close friend I considered a "bro." People always thought we were brothers. Things changed, he got involved in a questionable relationship or two, we grew apart, band broke up.

Wouldn't be so bittersweet if I didn't have to bust my ass through grad school with a job which gives me a slight discount but a big headache, and is also kinda loaded with uncertainty right now. Add to that the fact that NY State teaching requirements are about to undergo a major overhaul in the next year and I've been a nervous wreck the last few days because the pressure is on for me to graduate by next Spring. I'm happy for him, but kind of mad I didn't get the same opportunity, even though I worked in the school system for several years.

TL;DR: Former bro got a sweet deal; I may get fucked. Fuck.

Having an odd/bittersweet moment right now. A former close friend of mine who I used to also play in a band with just got an opportunity I've been trying to get for a few years now. Basically in NYC there is a educational program called the Teaching Fellows. You teach high demand subjects in high need areas while getting a subsidized masters degree. Its a great but tough opportunity. I've applied 3 times in 3 separate years and never got an interview, but I honestly don't know what his resume and GPA would entail comparatively because I only know what I see on facebook. We used to be real close and he was my last really close friend I considered a "bro." People always thought we were brothers. Things changed, he got involved in a questionable relationship or two, we grew apart, band broke up.

Wouldn't be so bittersweet if I didn't have to bust my ass through grad school with a job which gives me a slight discount but a big headache, and is also kinda loaded with uncertainty right now. Add to that the fact that NY State teaching requirements are about to undergo a major overhaul in the next year and I've been a nervous wreck the last few days because the pressure is on for me to graduate by next Spring. I'm happy for him, but kind of mad I didn't get the same opportunity, even though I worked in the school system for several years.

TL;DR: Former bro got a sweet deal; I may get fucked. Fuck.

Honestly, he probably misses you as much as you miss him. I'd say reconnect and ask him for some advice for the program. You might get a bro back and get some worthwhile information on how to get an interview. 

Yeah I thought about reconnecting for the sake of, even though we probably won't be that close again. Hes kind of a social chameleon and he went through some stuff that changed him as a person.

Honestly that whole bit was me being more frustrated with myself. I have a bad habit of procrastinating a lot and sometimes I feel like I've missed opportunities. This was one of them. Then again maybe it was for the best. I've been saying I need to challenge myself more, and this year is going to prove very challenging for me. I need to start preparing myself and be ready.

I also had to go for a short walk to Starbucks. Sat there for an hour to clear my head.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic