hours cut at work so manager could give more hours to her friend. thinking it's just a favorites game. i'm barely being caught up after having my hours cut and then a few shifts given back. now it's happening again as if i don't need the money. come end of lease i'm just gonna put my shit in storage and move away. living in this city isn't in my best interest anymore. 

I get the whole "bitter about high prices" thing, but ultimately, if a price is absurd nobody is going to pay it.  There are certain records that have been posted here that I've really wanted in my collection, unfortunately I found the price to be a little too ridiculous so I just move out of the thread and wait for another to be posted.  More often than not, if I'm patient, someone on here ends up posting the same record for a fair price.  

hours cut at work so manager could give more hours to her friend. thinking it's just a favorites game. i'm barely being caught up after having my hours cut and then a few shifts given back. now it's happening again as if i don't need the money. come end of lease i'm just gonna put my shit in storage and move away. living in this city isn't in my best interest anymore. 

I'm getting bummed about my town as well. I've worked at my job for 5 years now. It's a family restaurant, and I am grateful for my job, but it gets a bit much. None of the family has to do shit. They leave all the work for the 3 of us who aren't family. It is a tourist town, so in the summer (rafting season) my hours are killer. In the winter time, my hours are cut in more than half. Here's what sucks about that. I am the night shift. In the summer we are open from 6 am to 10 pm. My shift starts at 1:30 pm and goes all the way to closing. In the winter time, we close at 6 on Sunday, 7 weekdays, and 8 on Friday and Saturday. I go from 5 full time days in the summer to 4 part time days in the winter. All the while she doesn't have our shift come in any earlier. So essentially the morning shift loses no hours and the night shift takes the shaft. On top of it, the owner says we are hurting, but the family comes in for free food whenever they please, and give all their friends free food, and the owner turns her head. When we try to tell her what is happening, she tells us that her family always pays for their food. I don't know that I would ever work in another family owned and operated establishment again. Shit's ridic.

I work in a family owned restaurant as well and to be honest it's similar to the person above me. I don't think I ever want to work for a restaurant again let alone a family owned one. I plan on moving when my lease is up and hopefully out if state. I have lived in Florida for 24 years and I think it's time for a change.

I got the album that song is from in the mail today. It's like high school me and now me decided to form a band. I also suggest listening to the song "Spike Your Hair With Beer" and looking up all of their live show footage.

I got the album that song is from in the mail today. It's like high school me and now me decided to form a band. I also suggest listening to the song "Spike Your Hair With Beer" and looking up all of their live show footage.

Ha, I know these dudes. Get into it. Stud your Jacket, Stud your Face.....Huff Glue.

I work in a family owned restaurant as well and to be honest it's similar to the person above me. I don't think I ever want to work for a restaurant again let alone a family owned one. I plan on moving when my lease is up and hopefully out if state. I have lived in Florida for 24 years and I think it's time for a change.

dude, i would have moved out of FL a long time ago. haha. 

i know i'm moving to minneapolis or vt. my coworker talked up vermont and wanting to move to burlington so bad. he told me if he didn't have a girlfriend he'd move up there in a second. he pretty much wants what i want. he's tired of the big city. minneapolis would be ideal too since i like the cold and my cousin and her family lives there. so it'd be easy to slip in and find a job and such. we'll see. all i know is i wont be here on my birthday. i will be traveling. may take a train just for the fun of it. it would be awesome to travel there with someone just for the hell of it.

Total guess but since on or more of the characters is a slave in the film you get to "play" slaveowner, which may be rubbing people the wrong way. Who the fuck knows. People always gotta be outraged about something. Otherwise it would be hard to prove how moral and compassionate they are. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic