1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

Morning all. I still have yet to take the step and get any tattoos, even though I've wanted some for years.

I want a tattoo of a line from a Mountain Goats song, but I feel like it's too long...if I ever figure something out as far as shortening it goes, I might just step up and do it.

Good day all

3 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Morning all. I still have yet to take the step and get any tattoos, even though I've wanted some for years.

Taco King & I discussed my next piece which will be a mash up combining two great things... Garbage Pail Kids with Every Time I Die lyrics. It's a win/win situation :D 

2 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

I want a tattoo of a line from a Mountain Goats song, but I feel like it's too long...if I ever figure something out as far as shortening it goes, I might just step up and do it.

You could just get 'Hail Satan' - that's pretty short

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Finally bought a copy of The Storms of Early Summer today on Discogs. Now if only I can find a copy of Such Blinding Stars for under $50 somewhere...

I like them but I just can't make myself spend OOP prices on the early stuff. Wish it'd get put back in print.

41 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

What's the line and where do you want it?

I know but I dunno if he wants to say since the original post was vague. I approve of the choice of track.

2 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Cursive is so good.

Can confirm

The mailman came at 930 today instead of like four or something. I now have a stack of records to spin, the region free bluray player I ordered (and it works! :o unlimited weeb works here I come), and Christmas money from family. Today is a good fucking day. Spinning Remain in Light right now. 

43 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Cursive is so good.

Darn tootin'!

38 minutes ago, Holo said:

I like them but I just can't make myself spend OOP prices on the early stuff. Wish it'd get put back in print.

I've been asking around about represses of the first two and they seem unlikely at best.

i'm limiting myself to around $50 on them.

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

What's the line and where do you want it?

1 hour ago, nancy_raygun said:

You could just get 'Hail Satan' - that's pretty short

The line is "I wish the West Texas highway was a Möbius strip / I could ride it out forever when I feel my heart break"

I thought about getting a picture to represent it, like a mobius strip with lane guides or something

4 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Cursive is so good.

I couldn't quite put my finger on why I liked them when I first heard Ugly Organ, but then I heard such a heavy influence from The Cure's Kiss me Kiss me Kiss me in my head, I dunno, fight me lol.  Either way, they are great for sure. Oh, GO GET A TATTOO! Tell your car to take a holiday because you have other spending to do.

5 hours ago, The Butcha said:

Love this idea. 

Just listening to them one night and it jumped right out at me like "duh, it was there all the time!" lol

3 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

The line is "I wish the West Texas highway was a Möbius strip / I could ride it out forever when I feel my heart break"

I thought about getting a picture to represent it, like a mobius strip with lane guides or something

Yeah, definitely too long. Text takes up a surprising amount of space.

I still really want an "I hope we both die" tattoo at some point.

3 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Down to 3 preorders, with 2 being from the Polyvinyl 4-Track series so I have no clue when they will arrive. Feels weird. Time to order more stuff I guess.

8... :/

31 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I couldn't quite put my finger on why I liked them when I first heard Ugly Organ, but then I heard such a heavy influence from The Cure's Kiss me Kiss me Kiss me in my head, I dunno, fight me lol.  Either way, they are great for sure. 

I saw them years ago and they played some Cure covers. (And did a little medley that included some Beyoncé.)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic