The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I am curious, to those who participated, how did the Shaun of the Dead record throwing contest work? Do you buy a ticket and if you win do you get the record(s) for free or do you still have to pay for the record?

I think you get three tries to knock off a zombie head. If you hit one, you get one of the two variants, if you don't you get black.

I am curious, to those who participated, how did the Shaun of the Dead record throwing contest work? Do you buy a ticket and if you win do you get the record(s) for free or do you still have to pay for the record?

You pay for a record then play. 0/3 hits you get black, 1/3 "Ale" variant, 2/3 "Strawberry" variant.

There is no line here at mondocon. All test presses are gone. I am willing to pick stuff up for people but they must paypal right away. I've spent too much money here already. $5 shipping us, $24-30 international depending on the record. Such as iron giant and looper since they're heavier. PM me

I think I was one ahead of you yesterday Royce. So after chatting a bit, you inspired me to join VC this morning. I mainly hang out over on Audiokarma and lurk here sometimes. 

So no Iron Giant variant for me but I did get a 2001 var. Pretty.

Stood in the rain for the Shaun of the Dead throw. Won a strawberry on my first try and crapped out and got a black on my second.

The Looper record really doesn't want to go easily back into the burlap bag. Probably I will just store it outside.

And finally the Test Pressing looks like it's 026 on the first record and 028 on the second record. Of course my old eyes can barely tell with the engraving so it could go either way I guess.

Oh yeah, and they let me keep the Omen I tossed.

They let you keep an omen? hahah nice! you got some amazing stuff man. It was nice meeting you!

Hey folks, a mate picked up a test for me at mondocon, but since he doesn't buy records and has never shipped one before, does anyone know where to get record mailers in Houston, TX? Do record stores usually have some extra? Buying 50 on amazon is kind of pointless since he only needs one, I sent him some links to videos for the diy route, but an actual mailer wouldn't hurt since it's quite an expensive record.

Hey folks, a mate picked up a test for me at mondocon, but since he doesn't buy records and has never shipped one before, does anyone know where to get record mailers in Houston, TX? Do record stores usually have some extra? Buying 50 on amazon is kind of pointless since he only needs one, I sent him some links to videos for the diy route, but an actual mailer wouldn't hurt since it's quite an expensive record.

Most/all records stores should have extra and will usually just give them to you.