The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

OK so I caved and bought one for a decent price. Considering I was offering folks here $150 to grab one a few extra bucks doesn't hurt.....now fingers crossed for a awesome soundtrack...but the completist in me is just happy to have one on its way! Considering I didn't have to stand in line or fly to Texas I figure the few extra bucks was nothing....I don't normally like eBay sellers but it was a new listing and a lot less than most of the BINs so wtf u only live once....might as well enjoy it and feed the addiction!

I think it's a bit odd that they can afford to literally smash colored variants of one of their records, but need to charge the prices they are for some of these things.

To be fair, I believe those Omen variants showed up with factory defects and were comped by the manufacturer. I'm assuming them not being released/sold was due to quality control on Mondo's part.

That being said, these higher prices are a bummer. Up until now Mondo has never really charged near-market value prices for their vinyl releases (let's be honest, they could have easily charged $65 for those JP Ambers and would still sell out fast as hell).

I'm not gonna pretend to understand the production costs of metal sleeves and burlap sacks, but charging $100 for a blind box test press is just unnecessary...

The "variant" is also black, but comes with a 7" and (I believe) costs $15 more. Both versions drop online this Tuesday.

Where have you been seeing that Looper will be online come Tuesday?Just out of curiosity.. Cause I won't have any money to spare Tuesday so i really hope it doesn't :/

Up until now Mondo has never really charged near-market value prices for their vinyl releases...

Nor should they! You are right though and I bet if they even put those tests on eBay, they'd get more than $100 for most, if not all of them.

As of late, Mondo charges $30-$35 for a 2LP and $15 for a 7". That's $ direct to the label, and not even a distributor price where someone else gets a slice of the pie too. They charge enough to make a very healthy profit, that's for sure.

Mondocon was way too packed but so awesome. 

Bought two iron giants and got two variants!!

I think I was one ahead of you yesterday Royce. So after chatting a bit, you inspired me to join VC this morning. I mainly hang out over on Audiokarma and lurk here sometimes. 

So no Iron Giant variant for me but I did get a 2001 var. Pretty.

Stood in the rain for the Shaun of the Dead throw. Won a strawberry on my first try and crapped out and got a black on my second.

The Looper record really doesn't want to go easily back into the burlap bag. Probably I will just store it outside.

And finally the Test Pressing looks like it's 026 on the first record and 028 on the second record. Of course my old eyes can barely tell with the engraving so it could go either way I guess.

Oh yeah, and they let me keep the Omen I tossed.

First Hellboy (Version A) spacer.gif

Poster by Mike Mignola. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by Industry Print Shop. 

One per person/household/etc. 

This pre-sale is for MondoCon 2014 Saturday wristband holders ONLY. This print will NOT ship and will only be available for pick up exclusively at MondoCon on Saturday, September 20, 2014. You must present an order confirmation and valid ID (with the names matching on both order and ID) in order to redeem your poster. Please DO NOT purchase this poster if you will not be attending MondoCon or cannot pick up the poster yourself, in person, on Saturday, September 20. Failure to comply will result in your order being voided with NO REFUND. 

Pretty sure that's called stealing.

First Hellboy (Version A) spacer.gif

Poster by Mike Mignola. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by Industry Print Shop.

One per person/household/etc.

This pre-sale is for MondoCon 2014 Saturday wristband holders ONLY. This print will NOT ship and will only be available for pick up exclusively at MondoCon on Saturday, September 20, 2014. You must present an order confirmation and valid ID (with the names matching on both order and ID) in order to redeem your poster. Please DO NOT purchase this poster if you will not be attending MondoCon or cannot pick up the poster yourself, in person, on Saturday, September 20. Failure to comply will result in your order being voided with NO REFUND.

Pretty sure that's called stealing.

I mean if you order take out food but don't pick it up and they make it and days later you ask for a refund is that stealing?