The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Yeah, I noticed that too... was down to 20 by Sunday night then 4 as of yesterday. Noticed that the price went down every single weekend for quite some time too. Anyone know if that's common with amazon listings? Cheaper on weekends or Sundays?

Weird? Then the price went back up on Monday?!

Guest deleted

Sounds exciting

Mondo statistics research.  ;)

Were any of you looking for this release before Mondo decided to release it?

Nope, but glad they brought it to my attention!

Fabio Frizzi is a MONSTER! :D

Were any of you looking for this release before Mondo decided to release it?

Nope, which is probably why they decided to release it.

Seems to me that Mondo chooses to bring attention to scores/films that they think are worthy of it. Clearly they don't care if there's a demand for it, otherwise they'd ONLY release OSTs that already have an audience (JP, Drive, Halloween, etc).

Part of the reason I pay attention to their releases is because they shed light on good shit I didn't know existed. Hope that's okay with you.

Sorry for an honest question....

Some soundtracks I WANT (drive, Jurassic, batman...)

Some I have no interest in (most of the horror ones)

Some I would have never thought of but glad they made (Coraline & Paranorman)

However this one just seems 5x further off the radar than anything else.  Maybe it will get me to see the movie some time (like Time Crimes which was awesome)....but I just wanted to know your opinions.

In terms of marketability, you've got an unreleased soundtrack from a well-known composer. It doesn't seem anymore far-fetched than The Visitor or Blue Sunshine to me. They are also in the enviable position of having a rabid fanbase that assures this will probably sell-out eventually, albeit slower than most releases. Which means they can afford to fund obscure shit they are (presumably) passionate about. But I think you probably already knew that Mr. Ben!

I'm not sure I can answer your question because I can't tell if it is "Why are you guys buying this?" or "Why are you sheep letting Mondo exploit you for profit! Don't you see what is going on here?"

Sorry for an honest question....

Some soundtracks I WANT (drive, Jurassic, batman...)

Some I have no interest in (most of the horror ones)

Some I would have never thought of but glad they made (Coraline & Paranorman)

However this one just seems 5x further off the radar than anything else.  Maybe it will get me to see the movie some time (like Time Crimes which was awesome)....but I just wanted to know your opinions.

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Seller%3A+stl_ben&isNewKw=1&isRefine=true&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&trksid=p2056088.m2428.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xseller%3A+stl_ben&sqp=seller%3A+stl_ben

@littlebistro - I'm confused on the link (because it doesn't work) so not sure on the burn.

@Number11  - Fair enough, I have heard of the Beyond ...just never heard of this one.

sorry, it must only work on phones. It was your ebay seller page, with you selling Jurassic Park for $170. I just thought it was ironic, because you said it was something you "WANT"ed.

sorry, it must only work on phones. It was your ebay seller page, with you selling Jurassic Park for $170. I just thought it was ironic, because you said it was something you "WANT"ed.

Well, for that and because he was giving Shelby all sorts of shit for selling people those Batman 7"s for cost + shipping.

Don't think I was giving him "all sorts of shit", It was/is incredibly nice he is selling them at cost (said that then and now).....I think the point I was trying to make (and was over looked) was him buy 20 copies!  But no need to drag up the past and argue things more....feel free to PM if you want to though and Ill gladly discuss my opinions.

On brighter news....I am VERY MUCH excited for Iron Giant!  Let's update the title to that! (Or 2001 or just pre-mondocon...)

Guest deleted

It is something want/have.....I just bought more than one copy. Got the variant I wanted, so selling the extra. (thought that was a pretty common thing to do in the mondo thread)

You make it sound like the amber was a "surprise-randomly-inserted" variant and you didn't realize you'd actually get 2 if you ordered two.

Anyways... DAT BURN.