Po: Blink-182 - Take Off Your Pants And Jacket Lp + 3 7"s

jhulud

aside from the few comments i left, i was too busy writing memoires. did the twitter party accomplish anything other than a couple giveaways and pictures?

$50, wow. I'd really love to own this but I don't think I could justify $50 on 1 LP and 3 7"s. I'm sure the jacket cost a good amount because its custom and everything but still.

Mono's 3x12" live album on Temporary Residence was a triple gatefold jacket, came with a DVD, and cost $25. This is nothing but a cash grab, plain and simple.

Mono's 3x12" live album on Temporary Residence was a triple gatefold jacket, came with a DVD, and cost $25. This is nothing but a cash grab, plain and simple.

Can't forget about Wings Over America back in 1977, also a triple gatefold. Not sure how much it retailed for back then, though.  Probably not $50. Hell, the JEW Bleed American 3xLP reissue wasn't even $50.

I just realized I ordered the MTS version and it never came. I really don't want to search the depths of threads on this board but a few questions...

1) did people get refunded for orders never received? If so, who did you contact? If not...

2) is RJ still alive? If so, where is he located.

50 bucks is a lot to screw someone over for. I definitely will not order this, bad form for those who were never refunded and get a measly 10% off. I really wish this press would not have happened so I could've completely forgot that I (and a lot of others) got fucked over for 50 bucks. 

I dunno if this was posted, but we have an interview over at AP.net with Jenna about this whole thing http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3070481

And I quote: "Your price point makes sense to me - it's $50 for a 12" and three 7"s, like you said, kids are getting four pieces so it seems logical"

:blink:

"Essentially - I don't know what Mightier Than Sword was given as a cost - I don't know how they chose their prices - but if we matched their prices, and we may have been given different costs, but if we matched the prices they did, it would not work. To do an LP and three 7"s through a major label license is very expensive. If I was in charge of the layout, I wouldn't have done it that way because of the price - they're essentially charging you for four separate pieces. I completely see why the layout was chosen this way because of how those 7" songs were released when the CD originally came out, though, so the colored 7"s make sense, it's just very costly. The jacket by itself is a custom jacket; there's a special cut made for this jacket, it's something we had to get made specifically for this release. On top of that, the jacket is actually made in two parts so there are a ton of steps in putting it together because it has to be cut and glued. I think what some people are missing as to why this costs so much, aside from the major label license, is that a lot of this product is made in America. It's not like when you make running shoes in China. It's made in the USA so it costs a little more."

So here is a full explanation of why it costs so much. I get that maybe it could cost less....like $40 minimum, which is what RJ was selling it for, and look what happened to him. Plus SRC is giving a 10% discount to those who had tried to get this before. So I think everyone just needs to stop bitching about the price. I get that gradually higher prices lull us into complacency with paying more for records, but in this case I would like to think the price tag is pretty much justified. There is a lot of money and effort going into producing this at the highest possible quality, so I think it's about time we get over the price. Either you are down to drop that kind of cash on it or your not. The end.