Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

Amazon is fulfilled by USPS?

I have never gotten an amazon shipment from USPS. They ship via UPS

I am pretty sure the broke ass US postal service is not expanding hours for delivery, especially when they have been talking about eliminating Sat delivery

This has been a thing for a while. Almost all my amazon orders are fulfilled through USPS and they (USPS) deliver on Sundays for amazon, because I just had it happen last week.

Never had a Sunday delivery (Virginia)

My package just went from Alaska to Kentucky to Alaska :D

I live in NYC goddammit.

Just had a Topshelf  order (MA) go to Jersey City ....and usually to Columbia Heights, MD (nothing but good things to say about them)..... but then from Jersey City to ...wait for it.... HELL GARDENS, CA!! Noooo!!!! How does this happen? ?? 

Thankfully it did arrive 10 days later, and unscatched.  Usually a 3 day journey. Oy vay.  I'm usually not a tracker, but when Topshef doesn't show up, I'll hit their email link for the tracking.

Amazon is fulfilled by USPS?

I have never gotten an amazon shipment from USPS. They ship via UPS

I am pretty sure the broke ass US postal service is not expanding hours for delivery, especially when they have been talking about eliminating Sat delivery

I had an amazon order delivered on a Sunday. Also lots of packages from Amazon have been handed over for delivery by my post office. Happens at least once a week...

I actually like the fact that the USPS has taken over a lot of the shipping. I was never able to do 2 day shipping to my PO Box because of UPS, but now it doesn't seem to be an isue.

Although, now that point is pretty much moot since I don't have Prime anymore.

I just fucking haaaaaate UPS with a passion, so any time someone wants to send something USPS instead of UPS, it's fine by me.

I run into nothing but hassles with UPS and there is no way to get stuff delivered to my building most of the time with them, whereas the USPS carrier drops stuff right at my door (inside the building).

I've had multiple times where I show up at the UPS distro center to pick up my package that I'm having held there, and I'm sitting there for 2 hours while they: bring me the wrong package, say mine isn't there when they said it was, go check again, "oh, the person who brings it from the warehouse to here has gone home," they have a phone argument with someone in the warehouse and then finally, an hour after they close, literally two full hours since I arrived, I receive my package. Often at that point the package is pretty mangled as well.

Just got a new USPS carrier and boy has it been a bit of a change compared to my last one. Used to be a nice lady who would occasionally just hand me the packages or leave them at the door. Now it's a young guy who blasts his music while delivering the mail. Tends to also now try and shove the record packages in the mailbox space, which has lead to some bended-up covers, but thankfully no damage to the records yet. Recently also had my RTJ2 record I ordered from Amazon in limbo because it was supposed to be signed, but the guy never showed up at my door or left a notice, so I decided to simply just wait for the guy the next day to deliver the mail. He didn't even bother with explaining why he never showed up and just handed me my package. Really looking forward to the future shenanigans with this carrier.

Just got a new USPS carrier and boy has it been a bit of a change compared to my last one. Used to be a nice lady who would occasionally just hand me the packages or leave them at the door. Now it's a young guy who blasts his music while delivering the mail. Tends to also now try and shove the record packages in the mailbox space, which has lead to some bended-up covers, but thankfully no damage to the records yet. Recently also had my RTJ2 record I ordered from Amazon in limbo because it was supposed to be signed, but the guy never showed up at my door or left a notice, so I decided to simply just wait for the guy the next day to deliver the mail. He didn't even bother with explaining why he never showed up and just handed me my package. Really looking forward to the future shenanigans with this carrier.

Call your local "carrier annex" and ask to speak with the delivery manager. Explain your concerns.

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I'm currently dealing with:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9114999944313187170716

Please note that it took 5 days to go from Howard Beach to Trenton (under and hour away), only to be on my carrier's truck in Englishtown and then sent BACK to NY because they claimed it was undeliverable.

I've had that happen before. On eBay, I sent a guy some records. USPS sorted and sent it to the wrong address, claiming it "undeliverable," only to be sent back to the sorting facility and sent to the right place. I'm pretty sure they sent it to PA and it was supposed to go to NJ.

Oh man that's so annoying lol. Did it show up in ok condition at least when you got it?

I'm pretty sure this is going back to the sender, though. He said he'll send it back out once he gets it. It's just a pain in the but since it was supposed to be delivered to me on Nov 3.

It seems to be stuck in Brooklyn, which is insane since it's not that far from Howard Beach lol.