Vinyl is so trendy AKA does anyone here buy / listen to vinyl?

Someone recently posted a video for like mastercard or something of some super punk tatted up chick taking a bite out of a blue record. I was amused.

thought this was a joke, lol'd, looked at the dead format. pretty sure it's not a joke.

that 'super punk tatted up chick' has played in a few bands that have pressed vinyl - starting with doing it during those vinyl deprived, wasteland 90's. ;)

Do people actually like portlandia?  I've seen maybe 6 episodes and I hate everything about it with a passion.  I think some parts were funny, but if it was trying to poke fun of lifestyles and people, I think it is WAY over the top.  It's kind of like a "shit ****** says" for 30 minutes and it's all cringe worthy.

Do people actually like portlandia? I've seen maybe 6 episodes and I hate everything about it with a passion. I think some parts were funny, but if it was trying to poke fun of lifestyles and people, I think it is WAY over the top. It's kind of like a "shit ****** says" for 30 minutes and it's all cringe worthy.

It's weird to me that most people I know from Portland actually like that crap. I attribute that to my bad taste in friends.

I remember the first season being funny, now it's hard to laugh at (let alone watch). I can't remember if they always tried to and Mr. Show/Upright Citizens Brigade every episode and tie them into each other, but with the shallow humor they case after it isn't necessary.

Also the animated mouse stuff is dumb. I blame Community for convincing people corny animated episodes are funny.

Portlandia is hilarious, Fred Armisen is awesome. It basically just makes fun of hipsters, what's not to like?

Yet the stars are hipsters (and demographic) and are setting a standard.

It's fantastic for the music industry since it was rapped  raped by technology and the mp3...

Uneducated Luddite. Don't hate tha game!

Seriously though, they've been "rapping" us for years.  And successfully continuing to do so with overpriced, not-specifically mastered for vinyl releases.

3. Consumer fatigue. Here's something no one talks about, but I'm sure all can relate to this pattern:

1. new enthusiast getting started scoffs at record pressed on 5 colors. thinks collectors are fools.

2. complacency sets in with color owned, looks at pretty pictures of variants on the internet

3. decides to buy a variant to see what its like......

<record scratch sound>  Really?  I've been buying records since 2009 and never felt the urge to do this.  Buy a better turntable or speakers or give your money away.

No it's just everybody does something not remote popular they call them a hipster.

Quite the opposite. Indie muzikz, Portland and oversized glasses 4 lyfe. 131!!!1!1!1!1