Are the people at daytrotter fucking high?

atticus

Even with my membership discount 3 records (gary clark jr/son house, ben kweller/waylon jennings, & civil wars/lumineers) were going to run me $93. $93 FOR 3 RECORDS!?!!? Do any of you buy these for real? (If so, do you hate them and want to sell them to me on the cheap?) seriously though.. These aren't even full LPs.. And the packaging isn't even good (I've gotten a few insane deals on eBay auctions). They sell outrageously over priced records and they charge $10 for shipping. I'd love to know if anyone here can justify spending that much money on these records. /drunk rant

Remember that Chuck Ragan Daytrotter 10"? It was like what $8-$10? That was nice. Wish more releases were like that.

It can still be found for that.. And the iron and wine session still isn't that much either. Don't know what makes these newer sessions so special.. And yea.. They aren't that "limited"

SRC has/had the Trampled by Turtles one on clearance for 18 bucks.

Yea.. I bought it when they had their 15% off clearance sale. I got both the Dawes/Justin Townes Earle for like $15 and the Delta Spirit/Doc Watson for $9 on eBay.

These can be found for cheaper.. Just wish it didn't involve so much work/patience.

If you want another record, isn't it $26 or something like that? $35 for non-members? That's insane for something that costs a couple bucks to make.

Correct.  Of course they have only had 1 a year I wanted.  But I have seen lots of bands/labels sell records for way more than $26 and people not call them high.  Plus they have sales/discounts all the time.  If everyone thinks the prices are too high no one will buy it and they will either lower the prices or stop making the product.  However looking at how much they have started releasing I think sales are doing just fine.

If you want another record, isn't it $26 or something like that? $35 for non-members? That's insane for something that costs a couple bucks to make.

Exactly.  $26 is the vinyl price alone, before you add in ridiculous shipping rates.  If they truly wanted to reward members with a "discount" those records would cost maybe $15.  No more than that.

Correct.  Of course they have only had 1 a year I wanted.  But I have seen lots of bands/labels sell records for way more than $26 and people not call them high.  Plus they have sales/discounts all the time.  If everyone thinks the prices are too high no one will buy it and they will either lower the prices or stop making the product.  However looking at how much they have started releasing I think sales are doing just fine.

There's always gotta be one person who defends mind-blowingly high-priced records in these threads...

The only time $26 wouldn't be considered high is if it is a heavy, nice, double LP, such as the newest Daft Punk or the National records (they ended up costing more than $26) or any third man double LP. $26+shipping (member price) for an EP on a single 12" in a regular jacket is just ridiculous.