Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

This is the worst argument I've ever seen.

1)smoking weed most definitely affects people's driving. Just because you've never crashed your car when you're high doesn't mean shit. There are tons of alcoholics driving around out there who haven't been in an accident, but overall, driving while impaired raises the likelihood of an accident.

2)you'd never say the same thing about someone having 4-5 drinks before hitting the road. I know it isn't the exact same thing, but it's not a ridiculous comparison by any means. Like I said, I'm not anti-weed. I'm anti-things that affect your perception and reflexes while you're driving.

Whatever, I'm dropping it because I don't want Shitty Rambo coming in here and banning me/locking this garbage thread up, but don't be idiots.

Apparently a lot of recent studies have found that while yes you could have an accident while high there was a negligible difference in the amount of high vs sober accidents, where as obviously drunk accidents were more common. Kind of surprising in my opinion as I would assume the delayed reaction times would for sure cause more accidents. I guess when you are doing 10mph under the speed limit it gives you more time to slowly react to danger!

Apparently a lot of recent studies have found that while yes you could have an accident while high there was a negligible difference in the amount of high vs sober accidents, where as obviously drunk accidents were more common. Kind of surprising in my opinion as I would assume the delayed reaction times would for sure cause more accidents. I guess when you are doing 10mph under the speed limit it gives you more time to slowly react to danger!

Haha! All I know is that as a kid, I'd get focused on one aspect of what I was doing while driving stoned and lose focus on my peripherals and changing lanes. I almost got into a ton of accidents, and I have to imagine other people have the same thing.

If I knew someone was monitoring me when driving high, I would have been way more careful too. Seems like those studies could never really be very accurate.

Alright, for real done.

If driving high on weed impairs your motor skills then you're clearly still in high school and/or haven't been driving/smoking long enough to know what you're doing.

Movies and television shows portray weed as if the user was on acid with a mix of mushrooms. It's not like that at all. I probably drive more aggressively sober than high.

I think this is the study/article dantheriver is referring too http://blogs.seattletimes.com/pot/2015/02/11/federal-study-drivers-who-have-consumed-pot-are-not-more-likely-to-crash-than-those-who-are-sober/

If driving high on weed impairs your motor skills then you're clearly still in high school and/or haven't been driving/smoking long enough to know what you're doing.

Movies and television shows portray weed as if the user was on acid with a mix of mushrooms. It's not like that at all. I probably drive more aggressively sober than high.

I think this is the study/article dantheriver is referring too http://blogs.seattletimes.com/pot/2015/02/11/federal-study-drivers-who-have-consumed-pot-are-not-more-likely-to-crash-than-those-who-are-sober/

I guess smoking weed for 13 years probably isn't long enough. :rolleyes:

As I said, for me it's more of a focus issue. It's not that I think people are out there "tripping out" because they smoked weed, or driving aggressively because of it.

Some people watch too much Discovery channel me thinks.

I roll a blunt when I go out for a good ride somewhere, especially record shopping. Not everyone gets paranoid.

I dont want to hear the "you never know whats in it" either. I grow my own.

That "you never know wats in it " argument always cracks me up. It's a plant. Just like tomatoes or strawberries.

People mean that because it isn't regulated you don't know what the dealer could be cutting it with. Not taking a stance one way or the other, just saying what the argument is

Not trying to continue this argument any further but I'm gonna state this fact for you and leave it alone: weed isn't "cut" with anything. You receive it in the form of "buds" that you grind up yourself and smoke in you preferred style. Health class lied to you.