The Concert Thread

I kind of hate shows that require the cc person to get in. I wanted to go see tom waits like 5 years ago and a buddy was going to let me use tickets he couldnt use and they would not let him switch names or anything. Believe he was out the money because he couldnt go.

That is the one true downfall to the CC idea.  It's good becasue it will deter scalpers, but it sucks if you are unable to use the ticket.

you figure they would allow the person to call the venue, say they cant go, transfer tickets from one name to another.  then you do not have to worry about scalpers and they do not go to waste...

I can only speak for the venue I work for.....buuuuut...the issue with that is, the online ticket sales go through another website/ticketing service that we don't have access to....so we can't actually change the name on the ticket, we always tell our patrons/ticket holders if they want to do that sort of thing, they have to call our Ticketing service or e-mail the ticketing service directly

3/19 - Lydia

3/27 - The Ataris' So Long Astoria Tour

4/12 - The Wonder Years/Fireworks/Real Friends/Citizen/Modern Baseball

4/22 - Springsteen in Pittsburgh

5/17-18 - Skate and Surf...still have to grab my ticket

5/21 - Conor Oberst

5/24-25 - Manchester Orchestra/Kevin Devine

5/31 - The Menzingers

7/11 - Warped Tour (possibly)

7/12 - Brand New

3/18 (Tuesday):       Yautja and Null doing an Instore at my friends' record store

3/19 (Wednesday):  1st show, Dave Hause; 2nd show, Blouse and Dum Dum Girls

3/20 (Thursday):      Peelander Z, Har Mar Superstar, Thunderkrotch (also co-worker's "Going Away Party")

3/21 (Friday):           Pains of Being Pure at Heart and Eternal Summers

3/31 (Monday):         Waxahatchee, Radiator Hospital, Drew Price's Bermuda Triangle

I can only speak for the venue I work for.....buuuuut...the issue with that is, the online ticket sales go through another website/ticketing service that we don't have access to....so we can't actually change the name on the ticket, we always tell our patrons/ticket holders if they want to do that sort of thing, they have to call our Ticketing service or e-mail the ticketing service directly

Makes sense. Was just firing off ideas. It seems most shows dont do it this way, at least from what i have seen.

this spring is getting ridiculous with shows coming up. along with festival season coming up, my wallet is getting thin.

3/18 - Unwed Sailor (Empty Bottle, Chicago)

3/27 - Real Estate (Metro, Chicago)

3/28 - Warpaint (Metro, Chicago)

4/12 - Phantogram (The Majestic, Madison, WI)

4/15 - The National (Chicago Theatre)

4/25 - We Are Scientists (Lincoln Hall, Chicago)

5/4 - Angel Olsen (Lincoln Hall, Chicago)

5/16 - Owls (Subterranean, Chicago)

6/4 - First Aid Kit (Park West, Chicago)

6/11 - Phoenix (The Fillmore, Detroit)

• 2 weeks later...

Hit up a Joy Formidable, Epilogues, and Wire Faces show last night.  Show was a few blocks from my apartment and only 5 bucks.  Therefore, great night.

I have Neutral Milk Hotel, Taking Back Sunday/Used, Mad Caddies/Mrs. Skannotto, Slightly Stoopid/Mac Miller, Snoop/Wiz, and Arcade Fire coming up for my end of March and April.  Too ready for spring.

Scored a free ticket to see Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. the other night, having never heard them before the show,  I left impressed. They were very entertaining. It's not something I will find myself listening to often, but I did enjoy the live show. They had bubbles, it was awesome ha

BillyA, I am going to say you made the wrong choice last night.

I Am The Avalanche were great, it was a perfect mix between albums and they were just very on. The show was over by 9:30 so I went over to the TLA the catch some of The Ataris as well (walked in as they were playing "The Hero Dies In This One") I thought it was weird that they didn't play the album in order (played "Boys of Summer" before "All You Can Ever Learn is What You Already Know") and I was bummed that the encore of "San Dimas" was acoustic. The Ataris are a band I can absolutely say I am over at this point.

Saw neutral milk hotel wednesday. If you get the chance go see it. And if you can avoid the festival vibe for it. Seeing them in a theater was the way to go. A very different feel than the mangum acoustic shows he did last year. He seemed to really enjoy these and like that it wasnt just him sitting on a stage by himself with 2000 photographing him.

BillyA, I am going to say you made the wrong choice last night.

I Am The Avalanche were great, it was a perfect mix between albums and they were just very on. The show was over by 9:30 so I went over to the TLA the catch some of The Ataris as well (walked in as they were playing "The Hero Dies In This One") I thought it was weird that they didn't play the album in order (played "Boys of Summer" before "All You Can Ever Learn is What You Already Know") and I was bummed that the encore of "San Dimas" was acoustic. The Ataris are a band I can absolutely say I am over at this point.

While I have zero doubts that IATA absolutely killed it, I have no regrets. I was front row dead center for The Ataris, and I liked how it sounded. I also got stuff signed and I got to talk to the guys after the show. This was way better than the current Ataris lineup. Plus, I miiiiiiiight roadtrip to Asbury Park tomorrow for IATA if I can afford it. If not, no biggie, I have seen IATA a bunch and I wind up seeing Vinnie do an acoustic show every few months anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been scaling way back with my show-going this year, but there were a few insane lineups coming up that I couldn't pass up

4/22 - Street Dogs/Avoid One Thing/Ducky Boys/Lenny Lashley's Gang of One
4/23 - Street Dogs/Slapshot/Avoid One Thing/Ducky Boys/Stray Bullets

And...

6/21 - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones/The Gaslight Anthem

I swear there is like no better feeling than when two (or more) of your favorite bands play one bill.  I've been lucky with this lately too, saw Dropkick Murphys/Lucero, Lucero/Titus Andronicus and Menzingers/Restorations shows in the past year.  

I'm also considering Signals Midwest on 5/16 and Tim Barry on 5/23.  Hopefully I'll be able to do both.