PO NOW: The Hotel Year (The Hotelier) - Home, Like No Place Is There

Remember the first and only time seeing them was a headliner with Oso Oso and Runaway Brother at The Space in CT back in 2015. Maybe a 100 people at that show. 

No way I am missing this album in full. Honestly contemplating hitting an NY show and then planning a CA trip in Feb to see it again. 

6 hours ago, porkdad said:

I think Superheaven specifically caught on with people while they were on hiatus. Their streaming numbers are stupid big now! But I don’t think I ever remember Superheaven even being headliners or a band people really celebrated. It’s super cool to see them lean into being appreciated now. 

I was (still am) a super huge Superheaven fan. I went to TWIABP/Dads/Pity Sex/Daylight on a Saturday in 2013 and I think less than 100 people showed up which made it easy to get records signed. 4th time I saw Superheaven was a headliner and I'd say maybe 200 people came out for the Ours is Chrome record release if I remember right. I'm also glad they're getting the recognition now. At the Philly show Tay said something along the lines of "where the fuck were you years ago?" when commenting on how many people showed up.

I saw The Hotelier in 2015 with La Dispute & Title Fight and even that show didn't pull 1,000 people but I'm glad I saw them and thank god my wife was smart enough to buy a copy of HLNIT at the time. It's funny how I thought these shows were the biggest thing at the time but the turnout today would be so much bigger.

Edited by N8TRU

16 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Interesting. I’ve been noticing they’ve had some new represses on Bandcamp but now this. They’ve got some stuff that probably has some pent up demand like Little Big League now that Japanese Breakfast is taking off.

Not sure how they’ll help new bands though.

Little Big League are a part of Michelle’s book, which is going to be a movie now… so that’ll be interesting. 

17 hours ago, porkdad said:

Little Big League are a part of Michelle’s book, which is going to be a movie now… so that’ll be interesting. 

Yeah read the book as well. She has a solid chunk of pages about the band. I think I had heard them back then but was one of those that put it aside. Debated grabbing copies now for the sake of it and people are charging $70 now. Are we gonna have an American Football level retcon?

• 5 months later...

Preorder up for 10th anniversary

/500 Green and White - https://parkavecds.com/UPC/634457145689

/? Black - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CNPHVGKZ/ref=cm_sw_r_as_gl_api_gl_i_4GNH2XD224Y6K2YG4N8J?linkCode=ml1&tag=ksterg-20

From Park Ave IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/C0cnHEORtFc/?hl=en

👉 PACDs is super happy to have partnered with #TheHotelier and @dreamsoffieldrecs to bring you a special Park Ave CDs Exclusive “Green & White” Vinyl pressing; limited to 500 — out 01.26.24 and available to PRE-ORDER now at LINK IN BIO 💚🤍

This limited 10th anniversary release will be the ONLY color pressing made available, so pre-order your copy soon!

28 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Better yet, what makes this a 10th anniversary press? New plates? Remastered? anyone have the black copy and does it sound better? Obviously not new tracks.

Prob cuz it was first pressed 10 years ago. Lol jk I know what you mean, it's just a buzz word it seems for this.

29 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Better yet, what makes this a 10th anniversary press? New plates? Remastered? anyone have the black copy and does it sound better? Obviously not new tracks.

I don't think anything. Just a new pressing to put it in print again. Someone on discogs said it sounded a little better than past pressings. I just got my first copy at the show so I have nothing to compare it to. 

22 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

22 hours ago, Shelby said:

Prob cuz it was first pressed 10 years ago. Lol jk I know what you mean, it's just a buzz word it seems for this.

Gonna imagine it's new plates etc and important bc it's the first time they've pressed it & will now be self-released since reclaiming their masters from TE

22 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

Gonna imagine it's new plates etc and important bc it's the first time they've pressed it & will now be self-released since reclaiming their masters from TE

I think they already did a round of all three records under their own label dealio that all sold out already. But I could be misremembering.

1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

I think they already did a round of all three records under their own label dealio that all sold out already. But I could be misremembering.

Don't see any Home reissues after 2019 aside from this one, presumably logged already from tour merch sales