Post Your Record Storage Area

i have no choice, it would be pointless for me to build stands or wall mounts when im moving in 2 months

Just had to do something similar, with two speakers and my tt on top of a "2x6". I put a couple of Isonode feet under the speakers, and that seems to have eliminated the vast majority of the vibrations from reaching the needle.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it okay to use books as placeholders to hold your records upright?

If they were published before 1948 it should be fine. But I'd avoid any book published after that. Printing presses began to use different chemicals at that point that can be harmful to your records.

I love this thread, although there haven't been many pictures lately.

Question for you guys with large collections: At what point (if ever) did you start organizing by genre too?

I never did by genre, just alphabetical.  With well over 2,000 lps sometimes I wish I had done by genre, however I listen to a lot of metal and there are so many subgenres, so does one break it down even further?  So many questions that I wasn't willing to confront. 

I don't have a big collection (maybe... 250?), but I sorted by genre from the very beginning. Got used to doing this with my iPod since college and have been carrying on the genre sorting ever since. 

I only use big genre umbrellas though -- like jazz, rock, hip-hop, R&B, electronic. I don't get into the nitty gritty like (classic rock, indie, noise rock, shoegaze etc). 

• jhulud locked this topic