Post Your Record Storage Area

9394418061_285e7904e6_o.jpg

Here's the setup in my new place. The speakers have isolation feet underneath them, and they seem to be doing a fine job of keeping vibrations away from the turntable. 7"s up top, old/the wife's records in the top left, alphabetical after that, 10"s are bottom center, near the box sets. There's a good chunk of the CD part of my Weezer collection on the left, as well. Gonna be hauling a lot of stuff out for some collection pictures pretty soon.

Those look really nice. And I like the way they are raised off the floor a bit. Might have to seriously reconsider the expedit and replace it with one of those.

If you get the larger horizontal model, and want to keep it raised, you will want additional support in the middle. Mine started to sag in the middle when loaded up. I solved this by just using a stack of cardboard stiffeners under the middle (pushed toward the back so as not to be visable from the front). A peice of scrap of wood would work as well.

Also, these models have a closed back. I recommend loading it up with weight before attaching the backing. When I neglected to do this, the backing started to pucker out as weight was added and the shelves settled into place.

Those shelves from Target look legit, bonus: they don't cost over 300 fucking dollars just to ship them.  I think I've ruled replaced my want for an Expedit and will be ordering one of these Target shelves once I have the room.  My apartment is filled to the gills.  I don't know what that means. 

Those shelves from Target look legit, bonus: they don't cost over 300 fucking dollars just to ship them.  I think I've ruled replaced my want for an Expedit and will be ordering one of these Target shelves once I have the room.  My apartment is filled to the gills.  I don't know what that means. 

I read: 'my apartment is filled with girls' so either way it's a win/win.

I love your posters!

Thanks man! I have too many haha. Quite a few in storage. Just my favorites on the wall for now. The ones in the pictures are all gaslight Anthem done by a DC artist named El Jefe. I also have a dropkick Murphy and flogging Molly one done by him and waiting for the Frank Turner one he's done to go on sale.

Thanks man! I have too many haha. Quite a few in storage. Just my favorites on the wall for now. The ones in the pictures are all gaslight Anthem done by a DC artist named El Jefe. I also have a dropkick Murphy and flogging Molly one done by him and waiting for the Frank Turner one he's done to go on sale.

He has a website where he sells his posters that I took a look at a few days ago.  He does some amazing work.

• jhulud locked this topic