Post Your Record Storage Area

• 3 weeks later...

969335_10200125912738757_1320188666_n.jp

Wanted to bring the thread back to life with an art idea.  Like some of you, I save all my ticket stubs.  For a while I had them in like a photo binder, which was kind of cool to flip through at times, but you don't get to see it every day.  Recently I picked up my Expedit, and at the same time I picked up some of these Gladsax frames which are supposed to be for records.  Maybe I had the idea to put some records in there, but I changed my mind because I didn't feel like taking the damn frame apart to take a record out to play.  So they lie in the corner for a few months, and then I got the idea when putting a stub into my book to frame them.  I think it came out pretty cool considering.  The only thing is I'm afraid of fading the ink in sunlight, so I may have to put them on a wall that doesn't get any, or get some kind of UV covering for them.  Does anyone know if that sort of thing exists for glass?  Thanks in advance.

969335_10200125912738757_1320188666_n.jp

Wanted to bring the thread back to life with an art idea.  Like some of you, I save all my ticket stubs.  For a while I had them in like a photo binder, which was kind of cool to flip through at times, but you don't get to see it every day.  Recently I picked up my Expedit, and at the same time I picked up some of these Gladsax frames which are supposed to be for records.  Maybe I had the idea to put some records in there, but I changed my mind because I didn't feel like taking the damn frame apart to take a record out to play.  So they lie in the corner for a few months, and then I got the idea when putting a stub into my book to frame them.  I think it came out pretty cool considering.  The only thing is I'm afraid of fading the ink in sunlight, so I may have to put them on a wall that doesn't get any, or get some kind of UV covering for them.  Does anyone know if that sort of thing exists for glass?  Thanks in advance.

I like this idea and may steal it. 

also,fuck dining areas....this is how i roll.

This made me laugh because my "music room" replaced my dining room too. I'm going to eventually get a small dining table or a DIY version of a picture table that's like this- http://www.ivydesign.at/products/picture-table to ensure I still have room. Though at times eating on the couch, bar, or in the kitchen is a little annoying, overall I'm pretty happy considering with my room I'm listened to my records and playing guitar so much more than before.

This made me laugh because my "music room" replaced my dining room too. I'm going to eventually get a small dining table or a DIY version of a picture table that's like this- http://www.ivydesign.at/products/picture-table to ensure I still have room. Though at times eating on the couch, bar, or in the kitchen is a little annoying, overall I'm pretty happy considering with my room I'm listened to my records and playing guitar so much more than before.

i feel you, we have a little bar area thing, thats fine to eat at. id like to have friends over for dinner so i might get a small table...itll fit just fine. 

And if anyone actually makes one themselves, tell me how it goes. I'm the least handy person in the world, but a friend of mine agreed to try to make one for me. He's got a lot on his plate right now so I don't think it will be done anytime soon. At first thought the idea sounded really lame, but the more I think about it and the space I have, the more I like the idea

Hey there young fellas,

Walmart has these snazzy little crates that fit 7"s for just 97 cents each in the school supply section. Hurry before they all get touched by sick kids.

props to you. Went to Walmart today, grabbed a bunch of them. They only had orange left (luckily my favorite color, as well as complimenting my black Expedit and PC). 

yalw.jpg

Just moved.  Needed a new set up and decided to go with a modified high gloss gray Expedit and a Dioder LED set from IKEA. 

I know the TT and the speakers should not be on the same stand, but living in an apartment I have limits on the volume levels.  

I have not noticed any impacts to the sound so far.

• jhulud locked this topic