Post Your Record Storage Area

I'm currently in a "bin" set up which I love for digging through records, but it takes up SO much space. I keep almost moving to an Expedit/spine set up instead but I just can't bring myself to do it. 

I'm in the opposite situation. I've the to Expedit system going...but I keep thinking about switching back to bins. I miss being able to just flip through to decide what I want to listen to rather than plopping down in front of that damn thing and squinting to see all the titles. Never change!

I'm in the opposite situation. I've the to Expedit system going...but I keep thinking about switching back to bins. I miss being able to just flip through to decide what I want to listen to rather than plopping down in front of that damn thing and squinting to see all the titles. Never change!

Obvious solution.

18270_10203749329359940_1435278508166090

20150301_144702_zpslmbkdgi_edit_14254325

20150301_144719_zpstym7jezb.jpg

20150301_144635_zpskjb9xjkk.jpg

The TT actually slides out on the shelf its in. I can get a pic of the TT/shelf pulled out if anyone wants to see it.

Are these multiple shelving units stacked on top of one another? Where did you find the shelf to house your TT? I've been thinking about flipping my 2x4 Kallax upright to save space and my back, and I really like the look of this setup!

Ah! If only I could pare down the collection enough to make that feasible.  :/

I do plan on building something when I move into a permanent house rather than an apartment, though.

I made this one sort of on a whim out of an existing storage box I found on Craig's List.  I wasn't sure it wouldn't tip over when the top drawer was fully extended. (it doesn't).

I have a design in my head for another one with double row drawers maybe 3-4 tiers high.

I made this one sort of on a whim out of an existing storage box I found on Craig's List.  I wasn't sure it wouldn't tip over when the top drawer was fully extended. (it doesn't).

I have a design in my head for another one with double row drawers maybe 3-4 tiers high.

If you build that I'd definitely like to see it!

I end up just looking through my tradelist to browse what I want to listen to. I hate getting down and tilting my head to try and read spines.

I end up just looking through my tradelist to browse what I want to listen to. I hate getting down and tilting my head to try and read spines.

I feel that. I arranged mine into genre sections with my least listened genres on the bottom row at least, so unless I'm really feeling like classic rock I usually just have to look at my top row. I really just need to buy a house and get a better room going. The room that is my record room currently is an odd little room.

I am definitely interested!

I snapped a few pics before playing some Puscifer this morning.

The TT sits in a 4x2 Kallax unit. Yes, I have 2 units stacked on top of one another. A2x2is stacked (and secured) on top on the 4x2.

I left the divider out on the top shelf area. I then cut a piece of black laminated MDF to the same size as the Ikea shelf. Then all I needed was a couple "soft close" drawer glides. I painted them black, then screwed the drawer glides to the new shelf and to the Ikea shelf. Its nice if you want to keep the dustcover on. You slide the shelf out,lift the cover and place LP,then just pop the cover back down and slide it back in.

I also added some leds as well. They really help tonsee if the LP is dirty etc. They lights are RGB, so they can be switched to any color. Great for holidays lol. I just leave it on white usually.

20150305_132738_zpsqiwl9yvh.jpg

20150305_133546_zpsx0wfibpm.jpg

20150305_133620_zpsptjstjda.jpg

20150305_133630_zps4xbwsltv.jpg

20150305_133721_zpsnb7qpqyu.jpg

Yeah, whenever I think about going to a spine set up, I always end up talking myself out of it. 

• jhulud locked this topic