Post Your Record Storage Area

I never did post a photo of my record room after selling my old shelves (that everyone here loved but sadly they outlived their usefulness due to space constraints and the fact that my fiance demanded that i keep the vault contained to one room). Here's the new room as of a week or so ago. I redid the room last spring, my lady liked the expedits in white so we went out and grabbed enough to fill the room.

At some point that 2x4 is going to be replaced by a 4x4 when I run out of room in the existing shelves. I don't give a shit about that window being blocked as I have never opened it. The current total count of records is a little shy of 10,000. I think I will have a party to celebrate when I hit the 10k mark.

Most of the old shelves are still in service over at Logan Hardware in Chicago. I kept a couple of them up in my office for the mailorder stuff.

16609249266_3f9190c859_c.jpg

I never did post a photo of my record room after selling my old shelves (that everyone here loved but sadly they outlived their usefulness due to space constraints and the fact that my fiance demanded that i keep the vault contained to one room). Here's the new room as of a week or so ago. I redid the room last spring, my lady liked the expedits in white so we went out and grabbed enough to fill the room.

At some point that 2x4 is going to be replaced by a 4x4 when I run out of room in the existing shelves. I don't give a shit about that window being blocked as I have never opened it. The current total count of records is a little shy of 10,000. I think I will have a party to celebrate when I hit the 10k mark.

Most of the old shelves are still in service over at Logan Hardware in Chicago. I kept a couple of them up in my office for the mailorder stuff.

Beautiful.

mog.gif

That room is connected to my living room (I stood in the opening to shoot that photo). I my main stereo that I play my records on is in that room and I have a big couch in there for sitting. That turntable in the record room is hooked up to an old receiver and laptop to digitize records to put on my iPod so it doesn't get used much.

I have plastic over the window now for winter because that window is drafty (the windows are over 20 years old at this point and will have to get replaced in the next few years) which I'll just leave on there permanently to keep drafts or heat away. Heat isn't really an issue back there because I keep the place cool in summer and I have a ton of trees in the backyard so the sun never beats down on that part of the house anyway. I also build backs for those expedits to make them sturdier and to keep the records from slipping out the back. 

That room is connected to my living room (I stood in the opening to shoot that photo). I my main stereo that I play my records on is in that room and I have a big couch in there for sitting. That turntable in the record room is hooked up to an old receiver and laptop to digitize records to put on my iPod so it doesn't get used much.

I have plastic over the window now for winter because that window is drafty (the windows are over 20 years old at this point and will have to get replaced in the next few years) which I'll just leave on there permanently to keep drafts or heat away. Heat isn't really an issue back there because I keep the place cool in summer and I have a ton of trees in the backyard so the sun never beats down on that part of the house anyway. I also build backs for those expedits to make them sturdier and to keep the records from slipping out the back. 

Nice! I figured you had it all figured out anyway, considering your record room, just making sure. :)

clapping-gif14.gif

• jhulud locked this topic