Post Your Record Storage Area

RosettaRussianCircles800.jpg

Rosetta and Russian Circles,...almost there...but a few toughies left to find

VinylOdyssey1000.jpg

Dang, Caspian is going to end up eating up 3/4 of one, with padding/spacers...

Odyssey crates with removable lids, supposed to hold 90 LPs (I guess they would if naked and crammed), but with polys, 2xLPs, and styrofoam/cardboard spacers here and there, realistically I'm averaging about 40 to 45 'records' in each. Thought I would only need 2, but now up to 4 and decided to turn them on their side like shelves, instead of upright. If needed, just a quick 90 degree flip, pop the top/lock and go. A bit pricey, but a sturdy, great design and carpeted. I keep the 10" and 7" on top in a small crate and it's a place for a few LPs waiting for filing, or just out to breathe a little.

I have the same 4x2 in black-brown and we live on the 3rd floor. I feel your pain.

it weighs something like 75lbs.. that mixed with my back problems was horrid. some awesome guy helped me get it in to my car though, nice dude. This was well worth the $70, so if any of you are on the fence, just do it.

Considering there's 122 pages of Expedits... I don't think anyone is one the fence still.

Also why didn't you just open the box and make multiple trips?

one tough trip is better than 5 easy ones, less time. There are plenty of people i have talked to on here that haven't decided on one, yet.

one tough trip is better than 5 easy ones, less time. There are plenty of people i have talked to on here that haven't decided on one, yet.

Sadly, there are still many posts and even threads asking if the expedit is the right shelving unit to get. People also still buy Crosleys, buy and listen to cassettes, eat food they know is bad for them, and vote for failed presid- Oops! Almost got myself in trouble there! ;)

My girlfriend and I just moved from a 1 bedroom apt. to a 2 bedroom house which means i get a office and more record space so i upgraded from a 2x2 expedite to a 2x4. Was finally able to get it all set up today. Still gotta hang some art but im stoked so far. Debating on getting one of those "records on walls" frames so i can hang the jacket of what im listening to right above the turntable.

records1.jpg

Your pooch looks like a fox!

Also, the updated picture with the art looks rad. I'm slowly framing all of our screen prints, and I like the way you hung them.

Your pooch looks like a fox!

Also, the updated picture with the art looks rad. I'm slowly framing all of our screen prints, and I like the way you hung them.

Ha yeah, a lot of people say that or a mini wolf or a mini husky. Shes actually a Shiba Inu, small Japanese dog.

Thanks, made my girlfriend hang em for me, put all of her hours of Pinteresting to good use ha.

• jhulud locked this topic