2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

Danny Brown is Hot Soup with a bonus 7", which you can actual pre-order here:  http://ughh.com/danny-brown-hot-soup/SCM101LP/  (notice is says in the description:  

SUMMARY

Originally released as an MP3 in 2008, 'Hot Soup' is now available for the first time on 2LP with a bonus 7" vinyl single - a 2014 Record Store Day Exclusive."

Dads 7" is one of the many "unofficial" items coming out that won't appear on the official list, despite it is coming out.  I'll get a list of all of those, so everyone can have them and ask their local stores about them.

Thanks!  I appreciate it!

I don't know if paying 90 bucks for the two of the things i want could be considered "worth it" but just the same:

Childish Gambino - Because the Internet

Devo - Live at Max's
Everly Brothers - Roots

Everly Brothers - Songs our Daddy Taught Us. 

Man Man - Man in Turban with Blue Face

Notorious BIG - Life After Death

Random question that's been bothering me since it was announced: What's the appeal of MGMT's Oracular Spectacular being re-released on "180 gram vinyl"? Hasn't it ALWAYS been available that way... and at $16.99 vs. the RSD price of $24.99?

I mean, I get Congratulations... That's been OOP for a couple years. But if OS went OOP, it was *only* in the last couple months. Seems like they could've simply done another run, but instead chose to hype this as an RSD release... and jack the price in the process.

Random question that's been bothering me since it was announced: What's the appeal of MGMT's Oracular Spectacular being re-released on "180 gram vinyl"? Hasn't it ALWAYS been available that way... and at $16.99 vs. the RSD price of $24.99?

I mean, I get Congratulations... That's been OOP for a couple years. But if OS went OOP, it was *only* in the last couple months. Seems like they could've simply done another run, but instead chose to hype this as an RSD release... and jack the price in the process.

I think you answered your own question.

Thank you, I missed that. And I'm sure since the only participating stores near me are Newbury Comics, I'm shit out of luck. 

Did anybody have any luck getting RSD releases online last year? If so what are some good sites for me to bookmark. I don't think my local shop will have too many of each

I actually got pretty much everything I wanted last year online.  I wasn't able to make it out the day of, and just waited until midnight for the remaining stock to pop up online.  Vintage Vinyl in NJ had the majority of what I was looking for online last year.  There's usually a thread that pops up sometime before or on RSD that lists what's in stock on each site.

apparently they're remastered. not sure why records of that age would need to be remastered. 

An I meant to quote the Screaming Trees quote from above.  It sucks is a UK only release.  I live in Seattle....if there ever was a place that record should be sold in stores, it is here!

Yeah,  I was surprised that it was only on the UK list.     The people on the Lanegan forum seem to think that a US standard version on black will follow the RSD release...    Sounds likely to me as its being pressed by the band themselves,  seems strange to only do a UK release.