While the brooding (probably gay) cop is getting a little old, at least he has a reason to be such a baby now, right? Anyway, I know its not easy but I'm trying to watch this on its own without continuously comparing it to the first season, and by that standard its doing just fine and I'm enjoying it. Not as much as I enjoyed the first season but whatever. I'm in. I'm enjoying seeing Vince Vaughn playing a serious role for the first time since ...The Lost World? I don't know. 

Since I accepted the fact that this season can't and shouldn't be compared to the first, I'm watching it as standalone and looking for its own merits. But damn, I am having a hard time finding positives on it. I understand that the story and characters are supposed to be damaged and with their own traumas and problems, but the forced acting to put that across is just that, forced. It doesn't feel natural nor believable.

Since I accepted the fact that this season can't and shouldn't be compared to the first, I'm watching it as standalone and looking for its own merits. But damn, I am having a hard time finding positives on it. I understand that the story and characters are supposed to be damaged and with their own traumas and problems, but the forced acting to put that across is just that, forced. It doesn't feel natural nor believable.

My thoughts exactly. The acting and writing seem very overdone, almost comical at times. Matthew McConaughey's acting in the first season felt really natural, which really blew me away and actually pulled me into the show. Maybe I set my hopes too high after the first season, but this season is off to a really rough start for me.

Tim Riggins is obvi gay, there's no way you would need a boner pill to smash with one of the hottest girls alive. Did he pick up that prostitute in episode 3? Havent watched yet

I wonder what happened to Riggins between his days lighting up fools on the football field and tappin' every ass in Dillon,TX to becoming a highway patrolman in California who has boner problems.

aside from that weird line about fuckin the one kid's dad with his mom's head (or mom's head next to him? heh), i'm enjoying colin ferrell's performance. vince vaughn's character is getting better as he gets angrier and falls back into bad shit. "am i a god damn teenage girl?" and pulling out that dude's grill, barf.

I was so happy with the grilling. Mostly because that thing wasn't only obnoxiously audacious, but he sounded like Mac wearing the wooden teeth.

more than anything, i can't believe how many people are watching this show. i spent the weekend with a whole bunch of friends, and this was an almost constant conversation piece. almost had a group watch last night, but decided against it because this isn't really the right kind of show for that, and not everyone was caught up. but man, oh, man do i wish i was in a room full of people for that ending.