I think last night's episode redeemed itself at the end.  It started off pretty slow.  Also, Frank's "I've never even had a cavity" line was pretty bad.

I'm kind of wondering if his lines are meant to be intentionally bad. Like he's just trying to be a tough guy so he tries to say frightening things, but they just never land.

oh man that ending...

so that whole thing was a setup starting w/ the pawn lead, right?

I believe so.  Notice in the preview for next week that all of our main characters are now in different situations.  It looks like they are going to skip to the future, like they did last season.  red herrings all over this season

my biggest qualm with that ending was how long it took for backup to arrive. as soon as that building exploded, cops should have been on their way. instead, they quite inconveniently arrived just as bullets stopped flying.

I guess it depends on how you define significant? Relative to the characters, the central mystery and the solving of the crime there has been a number of significant developments. But there hasn't been, like, dragons or space travel or anything.

Yet....

I guess it depends on how you define significant? Relative to the characters, the central mystery and the solving of the crime there has been a number of significant developments. But there hasn't been, like, dragons or space travel or anything.

Yet....

winter is coming...

If the end of that was somehow a real life scenario, I know they'd all lose their badges but could they actually be sent to jail/prison? 5+ cops dead, prob. 10+ civilians.

Curious why you say this, our characters were all victims of an ambush--the only choice they had was to pursue and eliminate the threat. They were all doing their jobs, reacting to an extremely shitty situation that they didn't cause. It was the suspects that did all the aimless killing, aside from that nameless cop shooting the bystander by accident.

Curious why you say this, our characters were all victims of an ambush--the only choice they had was to pursue and eliminate the threat. They were all doing their jobs, reacting to an extremely shitty situation that they didn't cause. It was the suspects that did all the aimless killing, aside from that nameless cop shooting the bystander by accident.

Yea in real life they would all be put on mandatory paid leave while IA investigated and probably also given some mandatory after-action therapy. When it was proven that acting on orders they responded appropriately by engaging armed attackers and had no control over those attackers firing on a crowd of bystanders, they would be reinstated without question. The only one who could face disciplinary action is the nameless, civilian shooting cop who is now dead.