RSD - Sunny Day Real Estate / Circa Survive Split 7"

This SDRE is so amazing it's depressing me. I'd have loved a whole album with this sound/lyrical tone. Why can't they keep their shit together?

I feel the same way. The reunion shows were so fucking great. They seemed to really be enjoying themselves and having a good time. When they announced a new record being written and recording sessions I was so so damn excited. Then nothing..... Just crushed.

Hearing the new song just made all those feelings come back again. In some weird way I'd hope that those guys, noticing all the love that the new song is receiving, would light a fire in them and give them the desire to try it one more time but I'm pretty sure that's an incredibly hopeless long shot.

I feel the same way. The reunion shows were so fucking great. They seemed to really be enjoying themselves and having a good time. When they announced a new record being written and recording sessions I was so so damn excited. Then nothing..... Just crushed.

Hearing the new song just made all those feelings come back again. In some weird way I'd hope that those guys, noticing all the love that the new song is receiving, would light a fire in them and give them the desire to try it one more time but I'm pretty sure that's an incredibly hopeless long shot.

Here's what Nate had to say in an interview last year:

What's the status of Sunny Day Real Estate at present?

"We're not doing anything. We had an 'interesting' reunion experience a couple of years ago where we got together out of the blue and patched up old relationships and differences and just wanted to do some reunion shows. It turned out great and it was a lot of fun and we sort of accidentally wrote a song and we were like, 'OK, why don't we try to do a record?' We spent a lot of time writing an album's worth of songs and then went to record it in Los Angeles - all of the writing had been done up in the North West where most of the guys are located - and the recording process just... It just fell apart. So that was probably the end of that band - if we couldn't make any new music, what's the point?"

(via)

It pains me to think of the awesome songs that are lost in the ether

Am I the only one that was underwhelmed by the SDRE track? It didn't do much for me at all really but I should listen to it a few more times to see if it grows on me. 

I'm going to take a belt sander to the Circa Survive side as that was just horrible.

I do like that it came with a download card. I wish there was a law that required every record come with one. When I'm home I only play vinyl but it's nice to be able to also have the music on my iPod for driving in the car, etc.

Wahhhhh

i was just commenting on the fact that i didn't understand the "wahhhh". I wasn't being whiny, so i'm not sure what "wahhh" meant. 

i like a lot of the shit you post, moreso than most people here, but you're exaggerating hardcore slash trying to dislike them more due to their fanbase

this makes no sense. how am i trying to dislike them due to their fanbase? some of my best friends love this band. i have no problems with their fanbase in general. i just think they're bad. i respect them for getting that SDRE song out, sounds like it wouldn't have happened otherwise. I just think CS is an awful band and I never understood the appeal. but that's me. i'm sure the same could be said about shit i listen to. 

i was just commenting on the fact that i didn't understand the "wahhhh". I wasn't being whiny, so i'm not sure what "wahhh" meant. 

this makes no sense. how am i trying to dislike them due to their fanbase? some of my best friends love this band. i have no problems with their fanbase in general. i just think they're bad. i respect them for getting that SDRE song out, sounds like it wouldn't have happened otherwise. I just think CS is an awful band and I never understood the appeal. but that's me. i'm sure the same could be said about shit i listen to. 

Considering your trade list i'm kind of surprised that you don't like them. What album have you listened to ?

I can't stand Coheed & Cambria or Tool vocals ,by no means would I call them awful though they're quite talented. 

Just out of curiosity what don't you like or is it just everything about them

Am I the only one that was underwhelmed by the SDRE track? It didn't do much for me at all really but I should listen to it a few more times to see if it grows on me. 

I'm going to take a belt sander to the Circa Survive side as that was just horrible.

I do like that it came with a download card. I wish there was a law that required every record come with one. When I'm home I only play vinyl but it's nice to be able to also have the music on my iPod for driving in the car, etc.

I agree the sdre song was ok and the circa track just sounded more like an Anthony Green song to me

I could see it being an interlude to an album but on it's own it's pretty weak.

Yeah, the Sunny Day track is... ok. It's fine, neither bad nor especially great. I don't understand at all what Circa Survive were thinking releasing their track on such a high-profile split, or at all. I'm not all that disappointed that I didn't find this record.