[RSD 2014: Request Thread]

These are my must gets and any help would be awesome!

7”
Chiodos (Craig Owens/Thomas Erak) R2ME2 b/w Let Me Get You A Towel 7”+
Chromeo - Come Alive 7”+
Circa Survive - Bad Hear b/w SDRE - Lipton Witch++
Nirvana - Pennyroyal Tea 7”+

12”
Atmosphere - The Lake Nokomis Maxi Single Picture Disc+

LP’s
311 - S/T+
Fishbone - S/T+
Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings - Dap-Dippin’+
Notorious BIG - Live After Death 3LP+
Outkast - Southerplayalisticadillacmuzik LP+

I feel like Ill be able to nab most of these (cross my fingers) but the main ones are the Circa Survive/SDRE split 7", Atmosphere - The Lake Nokomis Maxi Single Picture Disc and 311 - S/T

Looking for some help from someone in the UK.  Would love to buy 1 or 2 of the Secret 7" records.  I got a CSS one 2 years ago, but didn't have any luck last year.  REALLY want one this year! 

(would return the favor for items from RSD US, SXSW, or SDCC.)

If you explain to me like a 3 year old what a Secret 7" is and how to obtain one, I'm more than happy to help.

EDIT: So I think I've more or less educated myself. Damn, those are some pricey 7"s, but I'm still happy to help if you like.

I may wind up having my son this weekend.  If i do and Cake's box set gets announced / released for RSD, I am going to need some serious help. 

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I'd also like to be first in line for help with this release if it actually happens on RSD and I can't stand in line to get it. 

I am in the Cincinnati area but location means little to me if someone can help me out.  

It's almost that time again.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I've had various individuals help me out with obtaining RSD exclusives, every year.  It's a great feeling to wheel and deal records within the community, and avoid eBay as much as possible.  There's always a thread to arrange the requests and establish who wants what, but I've yet to see one this year.  Instead of cluttering up the actual RSD release thread - which should probably be used to discuss new releases - feel free to post your requests here.  I doubt I'll be able to physically partake in RSD this year... but if I can pull some strings and make it happen, I'll be game to pick up anything this year.  There's not much I want at all.

They've come and gone with a whimper for me (thankful), but this year there's 2 I'd like to have if anyone feels like being kind to me (thanks OP for taking down that picture ;) ):

True Widow S/T LP repress /350 - not a chance in hades my 'local' shop an hour away will even touch this

Camera Shy - Jack O'Lantern 10" from RFC - don't know how many of these Jeff will press

I hope I have helped someone out who might run into either of these esp. the TW, and if you have something you need I will look as well. I am not into camping out anymore for stuff, will get there at opening time. My brother wants YET ANOTHER Grateful Dead bootleg, coincidentally taped from a Hampton show not too far from us, the year we moved to Virginia from NC.

I'd just as soon pay a scalper/flipper/spoiler to do the nastiness for me outside in the elements all night, but wish there was a way around these folks. However, they take some risk people will not be so hot for something as they think.

Being that I have to work on day of RSD, a few VCers have been gracious enough to help me out in my wants. Hopefully this happens again this year. So here's what I'm keen and if anyone happens across any, hit me up. Always immensely appreciated. 

(Copied from Wax Poetic's list)

Chiodos (Craig Owens/Thoms Erak from Fall of Troy)  R2ME2 b/w Let Me Get You A Towel (Green Vinyl 7")

Circa Survive  "Bad Heart" b/w Sunny Day Real Estate "Lipton Witch" (2500 copies....2400 on burgundy and 100 on clear)

Dads Woman EP (1000 copies)

Camera Shy (Nick Bassett of Whirr)  Jack-O-Lantern  10" colored vinyl

Veruca Salt 10" (original lineup with 2 new songs + Seether, 1000 copies)

Bloodlet Live on WFMU (1000 copies on colored vinyl)

Civil Wars, The   Live at Eddie's Attic LP (4500 copies)

Various Artists  In Utero, In Tribute, In Entirety (Nirvana tribute on Robotic Empire featuring Circa Survive, Thurdsay, Ceremony, These Arms are Snakes, Daughters, Whirr, Young Widows, Jay Reatard and more) LP

:) 

The only local shop in my area with a decent selection has started a "VIP" early access deal (for loyal customers who spend hundreds per month in their shop), that will likely cost me a shot at some of my desired records. So if anyone winds up with extras of the following, I'd love a shot at them:

MGMT -- "Congratulations"

Notorious BIG -- "Life After Death"

Fun. -- "Point and Light"

The RSD releases that I will be on the search for:

Fleetwood Mac - "Dragonfly" (7-inch) 

Paramore - Ain't It Fun

Conor Oberst/Dawes - "Million Dollar Bill"/"Easy/Lucky/Free" (split 7-inch)

Haim - "Forever"/"Forever" (Giorgio Moroder remix) (12-inch, 4000 copies)

Various - In Utero, In Tribute, In Entirety (Nirvana tribute LP)

Sunny Day Real Estate / Circa Survive - Split Single (7-inch, 2,500 copies)

The stores where I live rarely participate in RSD - so anyone that helps out - I really appreciate it! (if willing to ship to Canada) 

I'm going to need some help from people in the Pacific Northwest. Built To Spill's first album, Ultimate Alternative Wavers is being released on vinyl for the first time ever. Standard copies are on gold vinyl and there are going to be 500 copies on green that are exclusive to stores in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. If anyone could help me out getting a green, I'd sure appreciate it.