I got burned at the This Will Destroy You show recently, vinyl-wise...

This guy wanted and waited for the red marble TDAG and then when he got it, flipped it. People here helped him (to get it). I think he had it less than a day after searching for a month.

Sounds like the plan was to happen here too. Had he got the non black vinyl.

If you have no problem supporting bands, then the discussion and argument from your end stops.

This guy wanted and waited for the red marble TDAG and then when he got it, flipped it. People here helped him (to get it). I think he had it less than a day after searching for a month.

Sounds like the plan was to happen here too. Had he got the non black vinyl.

If you have no problem supporting bands, then the discussion and argument from your end stops.

When I go to concerts, my rule of thumb is not to base my vinyl buying decisions on the guy/gal at the merch table.  So often they have been clueless that you have better results either doing research beforehand (see what people are posting on facebook, tumblr, forums) about what merch is available, etc. ) than trusting their word.  

I think this is the case where the guy was probably told several months ago that the vinyl was the clear with black haze (which If I recall, should have had a sticker on it, as mine did I think) and they probably sold out.  This guy doesn't control inventory he just helps out with merch.  I know you may feel jaded here, but you have to consider the source of the information.  It'd be different if this was the result you got from a webstore where it was advertised as such, but this was a truly innocent mistake.  Just enjoy the vinyl and if you can't try and trade it or sell it at your local store for credit towards something else.

When I saw Torche last year I picked up Songs for Singles. The merch guy told me the record was on pink wax, when I got home it was on black.

You know what I did?

I listened to it and didn't make a thread on VC about being 'ripped off'

I saw Less Than Jake at Roseland in '98 and pointed to the Pezcore picture disc on the table. When I opened the record, halfway through the show, to show my buddy how cool it was, it was on black vinyl. I went back to the merch table and the picture disc had been sold off of the table. I'm still bummed about it.

When I saw Torche last year I picked up Songs for Singles. The merch guy told me the record was on pink wax, when I got home it was on black.

You know what I did?

I listened to it and didn't make a thread on VC about being 'ripped off'

I bought a vinyl record at a rock concert once, and I framed it.

This is the bravest thread to come along in a long time.

You know what I think it a worthwhile discussion: the trend for touring bands to sell their LPs for $5-$10 while on tour than you can get them online in their own store. I've seen this more and more and it's a little puzzling. I know touring is expensive but why gouge the folks that already paid the price of admission to support you? 

Man, people in this topic can be real shitlords. You're all missing the entire point of my confusion. 

Everyone on here crusades for the wrong reasons all the time. It's like you went to the store and bought milk, opened it up, and it was orange juice. And you guys would be like "BUT YOU STILL GOT HYDRATED YOU FUCKING MORON WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING??"

I will reiterate once again: $25 for an LP is a bit pricey, but I was willing to pay it because I want to support the band and it was a variant I want. When I get home and find out it wasn't a cool variant at all, I was disappointed, and was simply wondering if bands ever rectify a mistake like that with a trade or something.

There is no reason people should be jumping down my throat in this topic. Everyone needs to take a chill pill and put their e-swords down.