PO: Radiohead - OK Computer - oknotok

http://www.oknotok.co.uk/

BOXED EDITION SHIPPING FROM JULY

Rescued from defunct formats, prised from dark cupboards and brought to light after two decades in cold storage… OK COMPUTER: the original twelve track album, three unreleased tracks and eight B-sides, all newly remastered from the original analogue tapes*.

Inside a black box emblazoned with a dark image of a burned copy of OK COMPUTER are three heavyweight 180 gram black 12" vinyl records and a hardcover book containing more than 30 artworks, many of which have never been seen before except by us, and full lyrics to all the tracks except the ones that haven't really got any lyrics.

Under this weighty tome are yet more surprises: a notebook containing 104 pages from Thom Yorke's library of scrawled notes of the time, a sketchbook containing 48 pages of Donwood and Tchock's 'preparatory work' and a C90 cassette mix tape compiled by us, taken from OK COMPUTER session archives and demo tapes.

To avoid accusations of wilful obscurity, a 320k MP3, 16- or 24-bit WAV download of 23 tracks will be available to you on 23rd June and a download of the cassette will be inside the box.

£100 / $120 / €130

VINYLoxygen.png

A triple-sleeve gatefold holding three 180 gram black 12" vinyl records containing the original twelve track album, three unreleased tracks and eight B-sides, all newly remastered from the original analogue tapes. The sleeve includes a download card for a 320k MP3 or 16-bit WAV download of the 23 track album.

Shipping from 23rd June.

£23 / $28 / €30

Edited by ptothedo

Ok Computer is my all time favorite album. Having said that, I don't think I'm going to buy the boxset. I bought the boxset for AMSP and you can literally buy the same thing for $14.99 on Discogs. I get they're my favorite band, I get this is my favorite album, but I'm holding off buying it especially considering, I have all the B-sides except the three already mentioned. 

Edited by AdamJNovak

17 minutes ago, highfives said:

Given how long the A Moon Shaped Pool Deluxe hung around, I'll probably wait a minute on this. 

Yeah I may wait a bit to order.

But I will NOT wait to order this limited edition:

https://boomkat.com/products/ok-computer-2017-reissue

OKNOTOK_LP_BLUE.jpg

Edited by lethalenforcer

1 minute ago, thievedrelic said:

I'd imagine US distros will get their own variants.  I can only see this being a massive release.  They must know they could easily sell 30,000 of these 3xLPs.

You're probably not wrong.  I'd opt for a translucent blue over an opaque blue, but I bet Boomkat will absolutely be cheaper than a potential Newbury press.

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

You're probably not wrong.  I'd opt for a translucent blue over an opaque blue, but I bet Boomkat will absolutely be cheaper than a potential Newbury press.

I don't see Newbury getting rights to an exclusive XL pressing for a Radiohead album.

I could easily see this blue edition being exactly like the AMSP Indie white version, available in many places but still limited.

2 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

I don't see Newbury getting rights to an exclusive XL pressing for a Radiohead album.

I could easily see this blue edition being exactly like the AMSP Indie white version, available in many places but still limited.

That's what I'm thinking.  I don't know why they wouldn't follow the AMSP release. 

What's more intriguing is thinking about what they'll do for Kid A/Amnesiac in a couple of years.