Do any of you actually listen to the music you buy?

Guest crazybeats

Guest crazybeats

That means you open it up and you play it and are able to hear it. I was looking at some albums today, not that long till they're out and others only just out in the last few months and not only do I see terms like sold out and limited and varients but I see people doing trades. Then I browse the very few music forums I bother with including this one and I see these same terms and what I did was I looked at these albums that have sold out in just a few months and also to the ones coming out and it's the same kind of thing. This one will be numbered, this one will be red but this other black varient is only 1000 copies.

Really? Is that what music is now? That to me means it's shit. How can any company or label with a straight face say they care about the music they are releasing when they stick a number on each one, different colours on each one and then places like this talk about it so you end up with all these people buying the damn things just for the sake of it having it as a collectable. Don't get me wrong, if i owned a label, i'd take every penny I could get out of all you people. You deserve to have your money taken out of your pocket, you deserve to be ripped off, you deserve to pay $30 for a piece of cheap PVC plastic stuck inside some cheap cardboard cover. If i was them I'd do the same damned thing because obviously hand written numbers and colours and limited pressings means more than buying something because you want it and it's going to give you pleasure to listen to it.

I applaud the bootleggers. I wish they would do more. Paragon done some great bootlegs over the last few years with regards to 12" singles. What we need is more bootleggers to start pressing albums and sell them fast and cheap. Let's face it, major labels are just gonna stick the same CD master onto the record anyway, it's not like they're gonna spend any time making sure Katy Perry sounds good on vinyl so I think we need to go back to the 1990s where the white label was king and you all know that anyway. You know the albums you buy from Amazon are just as good as any bootleg, you fool yourselves into believing you're getting something better but it really isn't. I'd rather that than be told there is only 1000 copies of an album being pressed but oh no....that's just a colour, if you want it on black vinyl well, you're screwed cause that sold out in so many hours but don't worry you can still buy some on white vinyl from this cowboy website in America and pay lots of shipping on top of the premium price because remember it's limited!  We could easily press 5 or 6000 of them but we'd rather fuck you up the ass and get what we can while we can. What an insult to me and my fellow music fans.

It's all money money money. Anytime i read the word varient or hand numbered or limited I will think of the word money because that's all it is about. And don't any of you lot think I'm on your side, I told you people not that long ago it was your fault for killing off the 7" and 12" single and now through sheer greed and ignorance you're starting to kill off the album LP. Shame on all of you that buy into all this hype and talk and throw your money at these money hungry labels. And you can badmouth me all you want like you tried to do last time because I mentioned I liked popular music and this place thrives on guitar driven music and lets sit barefoot singing a song about love and peace and the thing is, at least with my music, i don't need a million options, I don't need money taken from my bank account months in advance because some geek who has more money than sense decides to dive in and buy it for the sake of making a quick buck rather than giving it to me, someone who actually wants it for the right reasons. When Eminem's MMLP2 gets released in a few weeks, and it will be on vinyl in the UK, no word on the US yet. At least I know i can not only buy it on release but I can buy it at Christmas, next year even, maybe next Christmas or Christmas 2015 because real labels don't just pick a number out of thin air, they keep pressing them and keep making them available to suit the demand. It's like the 100,000 copies of Justin Timberlake's 20/20 album. Those copies will last years. That's how it should be done. Infact I don't even want any replies in this thread, I just had to get that off my chest and let you people know what I think and what I think is right, I'm always right so don't try and argue back at me because you know I'm right and I don't care what the excuses are, It's BS and it ruins the very thought of buying a musical album. Music was never about that and it should never be about that.No one should ever have to feel pressured about buying an album because oh no if you don't buy it now then you can't later. All this stuff about colours is rubbish too, no coloured vinyl was ever superior to black virgin vinyl. Hand numbering? That's fine as long as you keep making them, you don't just stop after a certain number, if the demand is there then you keep going, you don't force people onto Ebay or Discogs. Or you do what the big labels do, you press plenty and you do it on black vinyl and you ship it everywhere you can.

There you have it folks ^ White working class America right there.

I got two sentences into the second paragraph and just knew that it wasn't worth my time or effort to finish. like isavedlatin said, it's all deja entendu.

we know how THE HOBBY works. we don't need an essay admonishing us for just enjoying the thing that brings us all together.

Guest crazybeats

Look at all the Texans in this place. But at least you are bold faced enough to admit that it is just a hobby but I sincerely do hope that you get screwed on a continuous basis from these so called record labels for the sake of your 'hobby'. I really do.

Guest crazybeats

I feel like you are just so bummed some of us just don't like Eminem. I like Berserk enough. I just don't like how violent his delivery is ALL OF THE TIME! 

Look at your wantlist.

Inception - OST Hans Zimmer (prefer with shrink/sticker)

Away and don't waste my time son.

Look at all the Texans in this place. But at least you are bold faced enough to admit that it is just a hobby but I sincerely do hope that you get screwed on a continuous basis from these so called record labels for the sake of your 'hobby'. I really do.

what the fuck does living in texas have to do with anything? any point you were trying to make is moot. dont spend money if you think its such a scam. no clue if you were looking for some sort of answer to your own issues...but there you have it. 

and for the record, I was born and raised in the North East..

We all hope you get screwed on a continuous basis from a 3 foot dildo