SpaceLab9 thread

Rip

sThGzn6.jpg

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: (April 2, 2015)

“OUTLANDER: ORIGINAL TELEVISION SOUNDTRACK, VOL. 1” MAKES ITS VINYL DEBUT

April 2, 2015 – In conjunction with thehighly anticipated midseason premiere on April 4th, Spacelab9, in cooperation with Madison Gate Records, is pleased to announce the release of the“OUTLANDER: ORIGINAL TELEVISION SOUNDTRACK, VOL.1” double LP. Featuring over 50 minutes of original music from the first season by Emmy® winning composer Bear McCreary (The Walking Dead, BattlestarGalactica, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Black Sails), the deluxe double LP set will hit store shelves on July 10th.

“When I was a kid, I routinely perused record stores for rare soundtrack vinyl,” commented composer McCreary. “To this day, I still have a romantic connection to the medium because it allows the listener to connect to their favorite artists in an analog environment. I am thrilled that my first vinyl record will be OUTLANDER. I strove to write a romantic score, steeped in warm, acoustic ensembles and intimate folk instruments. Now, fans will be able to hear it in a whole new way. And perhaps one day, a young soundtrack collector, just like I was, will find it on a shelf and give it a go.”

Adapted from Diana Gabaldon’s series of international best-selling books of the same name, OUTLANDER, the Starz original series from Sony Pictures Television and executive produced by Ronald D. Moore, spans the genres of romance, science fiction, history and adventure in one epic tale. The “OUTLANDER: ORIGINAL TELEVISION SOUNDTRACK, VOL.1” deluxe double LP setincludes a full color gatefold jacket with unique inside-load pockets and an insert featuring extensive liner notes by composer Bear McCreary.

Track listing is as follows:

1. People Disappear All The Time (3:32)
2. Outlander –The Skye Boat Song (Castle LeochVersion) [feat. Raya Yarbrough] (2:04)
3. Dance Of The Druids (feat. Raya Yarbrough) (4:38)
4. Fallen Through Time (5:38)
5. Castle Leoch (2:58)
6. Comin' Thro' The Rye (1:45)
7. The Woman OfBalnain(feat. Gillebrìde MacMillan) (5:02)
8. Mrs. Fitz (2:03)
9. The Losing Side Of History (4:52)
10. Clean Pease Strae (2:02)
11. The Marriage Contract (1:53)
12. The Wedding (3:46)
13. The Veil Of Time (10:14)

oZu9kAX.jpg

Lots of folks have been asking just how to go about acquiring a copy of the colored version BETTER CALL SAUL Limited Edition 7 inch of which there are only 100. Additionally, there seems to be some misinformation being shared so we want to clear that up first. No the colored copies aren't inserted randomly for Record Store Day, the copies that will be out there for Record Store Day are on black vinyl ONLY.

So how can you get one of these you are asking? There will be a extremely limited quantity of colored 7"s made available on a first-come-first-serve basis, no exceptions or special treatment, exclusively from our website. And the date in which they will be available will be announced to our email list ONLY. So head on over towww.spacelab9.com and sign up for our mailing list!

oZu9kAX.jpg

Lots of folks have been asking just how to go about acquiring a copy of the colored version BETTER CALL SAUL Limited Edition 7 inch of which there are only 100. Additionally, there seems to be some misinformation being shared so we want to clear that up first. No the colored copies aren't inserted randomly for Record Store Day, the copies that will be out there for Record Store Day are on black vinyl ONLY.

So how can you get one of these you are asking? There will be a extremely limited quantity of colored 7"s made available on a first-come-first-serve basis, no exceptions or special treatment, exclusively from our website. And the date in which they will be available will be announced to our email list ONLY. So head on over towww.spacelab9.com and sign up for our mailing list!

How much will these cost once they drop?

Also - according to your Instagram only 50-70 of these 100 are even going to be available, what happened to the other 30-50 copies? 

https://instagram.com/p/0sc-puH0kh/

spacelab9Only 50-70 copies will be made available for sale. This would be a very good time to join our mailing list at spacelab9.com if you haven't already!

Answers please!

How much will these cost once they drop?

Also - according to your Instagram only 50-70 of these 100 are even going to be available, what happened to the other 30-50 copies? 

https://instagram.com/p/0sc-puH0kh/

spacelab9Only 50-70 copies will be made available for sale. This would be a very good time to join our mailing list at spacelab9.com if you haven't already!

Answers please!

The rest were distributed internally among our staff and partners.

When have people who make a release never not gotto keep one themselves? Heck who owns the lowest numbered copies of the Beatles white album....you guessed it the Beatles and their friends and family....

Exactly.

Not a single label who posts on Vinyl Collective can even chance passing gas without some members questioning motives or needing to be in the know on every bit of minutiae relating to how their business is run, we will lay it out- yes, we distributed copies of this Better Call Saul 7 inch among ourselves and (gasp!!) even to some friends. And since some may think that we couldn't possibly have that many friends to give copies to we also have contractual obligations where a specific number of records of every variant we do have to go to the owners/operators of the property we are licensing and their respective staff. 

I need that colored version. My aunt works on the show, just like she did for breaking bad, and I could have it signed by the whole cast. I got my BB record signed by Dave porter, Vince Gilligan, and Bryan Cranston. Good stuff. ;) hook me up spacelab and maybe I can get one signed for you.

I need that colored version. My aunt works on the show, just like she did for breaking bad, and I could have it signed by the whole cast. I got my BB record signed by Dave porter, Vince Gilligan, and Bryan Cranston. Good stuff. ;) hook me up spacelab and maybe I can get one signed for you.

I have a signed copy too. Seems as if we both know people.  ;)