PO: THE MARS VOLTA De-loused In The Comatorium 2LP

Details from SRC:

We are so excited to announce that we have an exclusive variant of the official Mars Volta " De-loused In The Comatorium" vinyl pressing! This is being pressed in Europe by Music on Vinyl and our variant, 180 Gram Silver limited to 1,500, copies is the only US variant. This album is highly requested and we anticipate it will sell out very quickly!

Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold.Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold.Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold.Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold.Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold.

Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold.Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold.Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold.Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold.Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold. Please be gatefold.

IT IS!

So why is this $45? Seriously, that's just blatantly overpriced IMO... Kinda like saying, "Hey, we know lots of people want this. Suckers!" It's not even a new album, just a repress. 

I don't want to pass. But I'll pass. I'd rather buy three $15 records. Hell, I wouldn't have even made that big a deal if it was $30, but $45 just feels like a slap in the face. 

You can tell most if the people in this thread haven't dealt with much OOP 90's stuff. I agree the MOV prices are getting ridiculous but I look at it this way, if you found the OG sitting on a shelf for this price you'd buy it and flip out over the deal you got. Black will probably be available for less later. But in general I feel like this place is obsessed with color variants so watching the reaction to this is kinda strange.

You can tell most if the people in this thread haven't dealt with much OOP 90's stuff. I agree the MOV prices are getting ridiculous but I look at it this way, if you found the OG sitting on a shelf for this price you'd buy it and flip out over the deal you got. Black will probably be available for less later. But in general I feel like this place is obsessed with color variants so watching the reaction to this is kinda strange.

It's not a 20 year old rare pressing. It's a new pressing at an asshole price.

I love this album but I heard the original silver sounds like balls... So I'm thinking of waiting for a black copy instead of a silver/gold one that will sound like crap.

Its my understanding the original press sounds terrible because its a picture disc that is pressed silver instead of having a picture. I dont expect that will be the case with these

Isnt part of the reason the prices on these MOV represses are so high are that these are imports?

That's the way the record labels are looking at it. "How much are these vinyl junkies willing to pay for this album when it's incredibly hard to find? OK, we'll press a few thousand copies to make it easy to get, but charge the same amount, even though it costs us $7/copy to produce (number pulled out of my ass)."

I mean, I see you're point, but I don't really agree. An original pressing that is very hard to find and hasn't been reissued? Yes, I might hesitantly drop $45 on it if it's an album I really want. But if there was a repress widely available for $20, I wouldn't even look at the original for that price. They're just taking advantage of the fact that this is a popular album in high demand, and pricing it accordingly. 

But anyway, I'm just butthurt, because this reminds me of the $70 Massive Attack Blue Lines repress, which I also refuse to buy. Even though I really really really really really want it.  :(