Do you keep tabs on what your records are "worth"?

Do you keep tabs on what your records are "worth"  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Do you keep tabs on what your records are "worth"

I don't pay attention at all to what the going rate is for my records. I am surprised from time to time when I do stumble upon what people are paying for certain records I own or used to own. Fear Before The March of Flames being the most recent example of this.

Do you keep track of these things or are you as clueless as I am?

Naw... I also get a chuckle when I stumble on the value of things. The Unicorns LP and the Dear and the Headlights records are recent examples.

Occasionally I do a little popsike sweep to see if some of my stuff has fluctuated in value. That and when I am going to do a set sale thread, I do it to get an idea of what I'm selling and then go below what the going rate is. I could never keep track of all of my records values though.

I have a much better idea of the aftermarket values of records that I don't own than the ones that I do.

this

the only time i really look up what one of my records might be worth is when i'm bringing a stack to trade at the store. If it turns out to be something valuable, I put it to the side and say "guess I'll put that on eBay eventually" and then i never do and that's why i can barely walk around in my bedroom.

You should have an occasionally or sometimes option in your poll. It's not always black or white.

Doesn't matter, most of the responses are lies anyway.

Not at all. A record is worth what someone is willing to pay for it at the given time. At one point in time someone might want a record really badly so they'll pay $70 for it when it normally sells for like $30. Does that mean that all the records of that pressing are now worth that much? No, but it can skew what people perceive the record is worth. That's why I don't really pay much attention to prices unless it's a record I'm planning on buying soon.