What are currently the 3 most embarrassing vinyl records in your collection?

Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends

Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon

Thursday - Full Collapse

A lot of good songs on those albums and I still dig Thursday. But those are the albums that when people see them I have to be like "Yeah, but remember high school?"

I have The Fame - Lady Gaga but I'm proud of it.

This.  I have the first three albums (two albums and an EP?).  The only one I'm vaguely embarrassed of is Born This Way, because it's no where near as good as the first two.

I used to have Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Right Round until I gave it away in VC Secret Santa

I still have Adema - Insomniac's Dream EP

I totally want Rick Rolled.

Panic at the Disco - Pretty.Odd

Taking Back Sunday - Happiness Is

Mayday Parade - A Lesson In Romantics

Not really embarrassing, but I'm not a fan of any of those bands so they are the outcasts of my collection. Early TBS yes, but none of their new or live stuff. My bf also gives me all kinds of shit when I listen to the Mayday Parade album. It's the only one of theirs I enjoy (thanks nostalgia). 

Bon Iver's 2 albums - whatever man, it's relaxing

Not embarrassing really, but embarrassing story behind Iron & Wine 12" single for RSD 2010. Thought it was his latest record because the covers are similar, very mistaken, paid 10 dollars for a single of a band I'm not THAT crazy about.

A Perry Como 7"

Totally meaning to sorta derail this thread but here goes. I wholeheartedly believe in there being no such thing as 'guilty pleasures' and whatnot. If I enjoy and like the music I like and enjoy, then fuck it. I don't care what anyone else may think about it. It's my taste in music, no one else's. I shouldn't be and am not embarrassed for any records I own and listen to. 

So I ask, OP and others here who have posted thus far, and may post further, why would you and do feel embarrassed by any records you own?

Responding to Juan, I assumed this was more of a poorly-worded "guilty pleasures" thread, since being embarrassed by records you own doesn't really make much sense. I mean if anyone is truly embarrassed by a record they own, I'd assume they would have the sense to remove it from their collection. I took it as "What records do you own that you would consider guilty pleasures?"

Totally meaning to sorta derail this thread but here goes. I wholeheartedly believe in there being no such thing as 'guilty pleasures' and whatnot. If I enjoy and like the music I like and enjoy, then fuck it. I don't care what anyone else may think about it. It's my taste in music, no one else's. I shouldn't be and am not embarrassed for any records I own and listen to. 

So I ask, OP and others here who have posted thus far, and may post further, why would you and do feel embarrassed by any records you own?

That's easy. Because I spent years and years buying albums sight unseen (sound unheard?) from record stores and mail order due to:

- Reading a positive review

- Knowing the band was going to be an opener at an upcoming show

- Simple curiousity because I needed something new to listen to

- A band I liked said the band was an influence

The internet has eliminated a lot of the need for trial and error but even today I'll never leave a record store without buying something just to support them. That could be a band that's dearly loved on this site that I'd yet to check out. I just read Louder Than Hell and now there's like five metal bands I want to give a shot. Or it could be a band like The National that's never really clicked from sporadic listening.

Fall Out Boy's Take This to Your Grave is the one that stands out. I read some stellar review of it and mail ordered the camo version. I hated it. Filed it away never to be played again. And then they blew up. That would've been embarrassing for me to admit I owned their record. At least that one worked out financially. 

Where are all you Taylor Swift freaks? This thread should be filled with ya'll.

Anyways, I am in no way ashamed of this, but I guess Phil Collins - No Jacket Required would come as close to qualifying.

Hey man. A few of us lurk here. And hell yeah I'm a T-Swizzle freak and got no damn shame in admitting so!

DSCN3878.jpg

Paramore - All We Know is Falling

I used to play some Paramore when I went on drives with a friend of mine back in high school. Saw it in stores and I got all nostalgic and shit. It just sits there though. Useless. 

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik (RSD)

I still don't know why I bought this. Still sits there.

Green Day - Uno, Dos, and Tre

The completist in me told me to buy them. Terrible albums.

Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends

Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon

Thursday - Full Collapse

A lot of good songs on those albums and I still dig Thursday. But those are the albums that when people see them I have to be like "Yeah, but remember high school?"

Yeah, I also keep Blink 182 - Enema of the State and Saves the Day - Stay What You Are in my collection.  I still really like both albums but I feel like I have to cough and look the other way when people stumble on them.

I don't know.  I don't think it's so black and white.  There are definitely grey areas... and for me, that's nostalgia.  Like Bruce mentioned, albums like Your Favorite Weapon are pretty elementary from a musical standpoint, and sport some pretty campy lyrics that haven't really resonated with me since I graduated high-school.  And even though that album sees far more time on the shelf than it does on the turntable, I still dig it when the mood is right.  And for me, that's worth holding onto.

I mean if anyone is truly embarrassed by a record they own, I'd assume they would have the sense to remove it from their collection.

Exactly this.  I've managed to part ways with just about anything I've outgrown or have otherwise deemed "not worth owning".  I'm much more interested in owning a collection of vinyl that is relevant to my current tastes, and quality always trumps quantity.

Don't usually have a lot of people looking through my collection, and I'm not really 'ashamed' of anything I own - even the dumb ones like my Disturbed tape are part of me - I feel like I'd have to answer the most questions about

1. Dance Gavin Dance

2. Sissy Spacek

3. Beep Beep

To those of you with embarrassing records that just 'sit on the shelf', why not sell at a great price or give it away to someone who will love it? A mini karma train.

Well i took it to mean something like "what records do you own that could be considered embarassing by others?" I like all the ones I posted so it doesn't make a difference to me. I don't have anything that actually makes me feel embarassed to own, but everyone likes stuff that could be seen as embarassing by their friends or whatever, but likes it anyway.