Jason Tate: "Yes, vinyl prices are going up. No, I don't feel bad."

I remember back in the day when I used to buy Pokemon and Yugioh cards. I wasted hundreds of mine and my parents money on those, only to be thrown away later. Those were the good times.

I am ok admitting to buying Pokemon cards because I was 10-12, but Yugioh cards is a whole different matter... I will deny it to this day that I collected these at the ripe age of 15... I actually had blocked it out until I read this post... damn... 

Well, they have a Knucklepuck comment section where no one is talking about how laughably bad the music and video are. I think that's worse.

Yup.  I went through the comments expecting people to be laughing at the music video, and the singers weird stomps and jumps.  Nope.  They dig it.

What pisses me off is that he completely refuses to acknowledge even a speck of validity in out side of it all. Just plain arrogance..

but I don't think that we're being much better.

AND, he actually made some valid points.

Labels wouldn't charge that much if there weren't people that buy it, and they can get away with it because more people treat vinyl like a collectors item than a legitimate way to listen to your music.

You really can fight it if ya buy from little labels and local record stores, and DON'T buy expensive SRC represses.

But I guess I'm not really fighting it either.

Preordered two of the Jimmy Eat World represses. Self control is hard, but I don't really regret it.

I guess, if you're completely happy with the things you spend your money on, even if you are kinda being cheated, no one really has the right to judge that.

But fuck Hot Topic prices. God damn.

What pisses me off is that he completely refuses to acknowledge even a speck of validity in out side of it all. Just plain arrogance..

but I don't think that we're being much better.

AND, he actually made some valid points.

Labels wouldn't charge that much if there weren't people that buy it, and they can get away with it because more people treat vinyl like a collectors item than a legitimate way to listen to your music.

You really can fight it if ya buy from little labels and local record stores, and DON'T buy expensive SRC represses.

But I guess I'm not really fighting it either.

Preordered two of the Jimmy Eat World represses. Self control is hard, but I don't really regret it.

I guess, if you're completely happy with the things you spend your money on, even if you are kinda being cheated, no one really has the right to judge that.

But fuck Hot Topic prices. God damn.

I wouldn't combine our side into one group that both complains about prices and buys SRC represses. We aren't legion and I doubt there are really that many (hypocrites) that fit in that group.

Edit: I don't think you were now that I reread it, but I think Mr. Tate is.

I wouldn't combine our side into one group that both complains about prices and buys SRC represses. We aren't legion and I doubt there are really that many (hypocrites) that fit in that group.

Edit: I don't think you were now that I reread it, but I think Mr. Tate is.

Didn't mean it like that, sorry if it seemed that way

And yeah, probably

Went to sleep last night thinking that not much else would come of this. Just got home from work and caught up on this thread. My god, I love all of you. I would fight on the front line for you guys against the weiner army that is AP.

Just talked to a Broc without a K @ work.... nice guy.