Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

Has anyone here watched the Beautiful Noise doc? I had heard about when it was a pledge campaign and then kinda forgot about it. It's out now to buy but before I do, wanted to see if it's worth it.

http://www.beautifulnoise-store.com/

It's really good and mainly aimed at the people who were there the first time around. It's not extensive by any means and really only touches upon the mid-80s to late 90s but it's worth it just for the interviews with the key players. There's obviously no talk about pedals because it's not aimed towards gearheads. Otherwise, it would have no audience apart from nerds who spend their time trying to figure out Kevin Shields' settings on his Big Muff pedal.

See Through Dresses. They're from Omaha, NE, which I find it to be very odd to heard a shoegaze/dreampop band come out of. But still awesome. Their sound more 90's Britpop than anything else I think. 

http://www.the1stfive.com/news/see-dresses-joins-tiny-engines-new-ep-fall-2015

You can get their self-released LP via their Bandcamp. A new EP is coming out in Fall via Tiny Engines. 

See Through Dresses. They're from Omaha, NE, which I find it to be very odd to heard a shoegaze/dreampop band come out of. But still awesome. Their sound more 90's Britpop than anything else I think. 

http://www.the1stfive.com/news/see-dresses-joins-tiny-engines-new-ep-fall-2015

You can get their self-released LP via their Bandcamp. A new EP is coming out in Fall via Tiny Engines. 

I posted in this in one of my first posts in this thread. The LP is a great album

WHY THE HELL HASN'T 4AD REPRESSED ANY OF THE LUSH ALBUMS GOD DAMMIT

I would even be happy with colored bootlegs. Split on white/orange split vinyl, Spooky on two LPs, one clear pink, one clear orange. UGH.

Does that label not want thousands of dollars?

Not sure why 4AD hasn't really done many reissues...but since the Red House Painters got reissued as well as some Cocteau Twins in past year or so....may be possible they will continue a reissue trend? I would like in the coming years they will look at long OOP stuff and capitalize, but you are right they could reissue like 10 classic albums on the label and all would sell well...

okay I splurged on the Beautiful Noise documentary blu ray and I'm kinda pissed at myself for doing so. It was $30 for a barebones release (ie, NO extras at all) of an 80 minute movie that offered no information that I didn't know already. I mean, they couldn't throw in a few extra performances or interview segments that might have gotten cut? Seriously, it was like Shoegaze for Dummies. 

oh well.