What's your White Whale record?

My current white whale is the Pokemon the movie 2000 vinyl that was released with the movie

Wow. No idea that existed, I think I want it now too just for shits and giggles. Godspeed on finding it though.

Also I got what I guess would be my "white whale" today, It's not really a highly sought after or expensive record though. It's the mint green version of TWIABP/Deer Leap - Are Here To Help You. It's kind of rare I guess. Never seen one go up for sale on discogs or ebay, don't know about on here or deadformat, or other places. It looks beautiful, one of the nicest looking records I own.

Long story short: I decided not to buy it back when it was pressed and have regretted it ever since. Thank god for Topshelf deciding to clean up their inventory.

Currently there's only one:

The Naked and Famous - Kill the Littleblackdots

I've contacted everyone that I've found who owns it, no-one is willing to sell. Discogs say the last one sold over 3 years ago. I found no info on it anywhere else other than two or three webstores that had it up way back when.

I've acquired the above posted one roughly a month after posting.  B)

My current white whale is AFI - Black Sails in the Sunset Test Pressing. Not a single copy has ever surfaced.

Mine is the test pressing for Don't Turn Away by Face to Face.

I've never seen a test, but do you remember a year or two ago, Dr. Strange auctioned off the master reels for that album? It was a different tracklist, with their Blondie cover as well. I wonder if that was the original idea for the album?? I know they recorded those songs at two different studios. I'm curious about that again so I'm going to search around the internets for it.

I've never seen a test, but do you remember a year or two ago, Dr. Strange auctioned off the master reels for that album? It was a different tracklist, with their Blondie cover as well. I wonder if that was the original idea for the album?? I know they recorded those songs at two different studios. I'm curious about that again so I'm going to search around the internets for it.

Chiefwahoo owns the reels you mentioned.  He may be able to give you some additional insight.  

I know they used a mixture of records from both studios on DTA because so much time elapsed between the initial session and DTA actually being released. 

• 1 month later...

My only "White Whale" record was The Strikes - A Conscience Left to Struggle With Pockets Full of Rust. 

My first post here was actually because I was so pumped I just had to let someone know I was able to track that record down.  Since then I've gotten another copy of that.  I've been meaning to give it to a friend but I just can never pull the trigger on it because neither are in great shape and I don't want to track down another.

Not that this is a very sought after record it's just older and had a relatively small pressing. 

My only "White Whale" record was The Strikes - A Conscience Left to Struggle With Pockets Full of Rust. 

My first post here was actually because I was so pumped I just had to let someone know I was able to track that record down.  Since then I've gotten another copy of that.  I've been meaning to give it to a friend but I just can never pull the trigger on it because neither are in great shape and I don't want to track down another.

Not that this is a very sought after record it's just older and had a relatively small pressing. 

Fuck this thread is the best.  It made me throw that album into google to see if I could track down another copy.  A couple of pages in and there is a copy on oldies.com.  Funniest part is I just today ran through the clearance at oldies.com and didn't pull the trigger on the order because I was $10 short of getting free shipping and there was nothing I needed to have.

So I'm crossing my fingers I tracked down a new copy of a 17 year old record that is in my top 3 records of all time.

No exceptions, strict standard of entrance you make one exception and then every whale wants in

I get where you're coming from, but I feel like any whale can be a white whale if you hate it enough. Its about what matters to the individual.

I dream of one day finding this album in a dollar bin or garbage can

f6ug6jm.jpg

I get where you're coming from, but I feel like any whale can be a white whale if you hate it enough. Its about what matters to the individual.

I dream of one day finding this album in a dollar bin or garbage can

f6ug6jm.jpg

I dream that one day I will own the entire bruce willis discography

I'm hoping for the first two Shelby albums one day

Holy crap, I was just listening to The Luxury of Time yesterday and was thinking how awesome it would be to have it on vinyl.

I just want a damn copy of Iron Chic's Demo 12" (as you can see in my sig). Can't believe people are asking so much for it on discogs.